Welcome to Devtalk!

Roadmap

We are very much in beta! Where we go from here depends on you, however here’s our more immediate to-do list:

• Add GitHub info block for languages and frameworks
  • Add filters on the homepage to also show trending by thread type (so by all News, Discussions, Questions, Blog posts, etc)
  • Add more portals. We’re currently setting these up depending on number of threads tagged about that topic on the forum (so if you want to see a portal for your favourite language or framework - post threads about them! Alternatively, you can expedite creation of a portal by providing us with the info we need.)
  • Add more portal types. We’re starting off with languages and frameworks, but want to expand these to other tools and tech too. Again we’ll go by what you discuss and post about on the forum.
  • Plus lots more!

Some FAQ’s and further reading

Can I post links to my blog posts or a library I’ve created here?
Yes!

Should they all be posted in one thread, or a separate thread for each item?
We recommend separate threads for all new blog posts or major news items - if you think the item may be of interest to others independently of what may already have been posted, then it may be a good candidate for dedicated thread.

Can I post the same item in several threads?
No… that’s spam :upside_down_face: Please choose one section to post your thread and tag it only with tags that are directly related to the thread.

Can you follow or mute categories?
You can indeed! Simply go to a section you’d like to follow or mute, then click on the bell icon towards the top right of the page. Alternatively you can mass add/remove sections via your user preferences.

How do you format posts here?
You can use Markdown to format your posts. See the official guide here and we also have some additional formatting tips here.

Do you have a dark mode?
For the forum - yes! We even have an OLED Black mode! Check out this thread for details.

How do I contact a Moderator?
Please use the ‘flag’ button that is shown with every post if the matter is related to a post. Alternatively, you can see our moderator team on our About page and may message them directly from there. (If you need to contact an administrator, please use the email shown at the bottom of this page.)

What’ the best way to refer to Devtalk?
It’s totally up to you - Devtalk; devtalk; DevTalk; DT; dt - are all fine :smiley:

What’s your Twitter handle?
We’re glad you asked! It’s @dev_talk - we’ll be posting all publicly viewable threads there too so please follow us :blush:

Where next?

2 Likes