Andrew Huberman Podcasts

This is another great podcast and this episode in particular looks good - Optimizing Workspace for Productivity, Focus, & Creativity:

If you listen to this please let us know what you think and please also feel free to post other podcasts from him that you think are worth watching/listening to :023:

1 Like

Thereā€™s also another that was posted here:

1 Like

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

1 Like

@AstonJ - yep agreed - this is an interesting podcast. I havenā€™t listened to as much as I would like but I will listen to those suggested above.
I first heard of Andrew Huberman from the Rich Roll podcast. Iā€™ve just realised heā€™s even in the splash photo.

Hereā€™s the interview with Rich Roll:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen that interview Finner itā€™s well worth a watch :023:

Going back to the Optimise Your Workspace video Iā€™ve just started watching it and itā€™s fascinating!

Some notes:

Lights

• Bright lights when you get up to maximise alertness (sunlight or blue light)
  • Start to dim lights (and yellow or red) after 9 hours for creativity

Monitors

• For alertness, place your monitors higher up so that you are looking directly forward or slightly higher
  • Placing them lower will make you sleepy
1 Like

Yeah - thereā€™s lots of info in the workspace one and Iā€™m only only half way into it. It prompted me to stack boxes on my desk and try working standing up. I spent about 6 hours today working standing up. I like it enough to continue. If I really like it I will be asking for advice on standing desks - although they are expensive.

2 Likes

We have some good threads about them Finner:

And

I tried Hubermans advice regarding putting the monitor higher than eye level but I just felt agitated - maybe it raises cortisol or something? Might try it again at some pointā€¦

3 Likes

Havenā€™t watched it yet but looks like another good one. If anyone listens to it does he say anything about video games? Do they count? :lol:

1 Like

I was wondering if I have to buy one of these ā€œcircadian rhythm restoring lampsā€ that seem to imitate sunlight and you are supposed to put them somewhere very close to your direct line of sight ā€“ many people attach them at the top of their displays (akin to those light strips that people put there for reasons completely unknown; not like modern displays canā€™t be almost blindingly bright, no?).

2 Likes

I think he mentions you can use cheaper alternatives such as a ring light and just switch the lights to yellow lights in the evening.

I have a ā€˜wake up lampā€™ which unfortunately does not allow you to switch off the sounds so I stopped using it - I donā€™t want an alarm, just something to mimic sunrise at my preferred time (I might open it up and disconnect the speaker at some point).

2 Likes

Many of you may find these interestingā€¦

2 Likes

Looks like another good one:

(Sauna/cold therapy/exercise)

1 Like

One of my favourite things - the sauna! :lol:

1 Like