Which language or framework do you want to learn next?

Going to learn GoLang and Helm templates (charts).

2 Likes

You probably mean BuckleScript TEA ?!

2 Likes

Not at all, TS is vastly vastly the most widely used web language nowadays. Vastly

2 Likes

Since Xamarin Forms is going away (end of support) in a year, I am probably going to learn Avalonia UI. https://avaloniaui.net/

2 Likes

I am interested in learning Rust and Go.

1 Like

We really need to get more book clubs going! If anyone is interested and can get 5 or more people to join them, let me know - I might be able to get you copies of the book :003:

1 Like

I am learning Ruby !

3 Likes

I am going to start learning Kotlin… first time on the JVM

2 Likes

Why Koko? For Android dev?

1 Like

No real purpose, but to read the book From objects to functions… The other language I would have used for JVM is Closure.

I do not like Java, but have some interest in Functional Java.

3 Likes

OK? Yes that’s a new language. I’m not kidding around, OK? :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I want to learn Python now because it is high in demand.

2 Likes

I’m a iOS Mobile Dev, want to learn FastAPI/Python for backends for my future mobile apps. Also, I want to learn Functional Programming, because many languages adds features from FP and this paradigm becomes popular. My wishlist from PragProg/Manning: 1. From Objects to Functions Book 2. Grokking Functional Programming 3. Grokking Simplicity 4. Functional Programming Kickstart

2 Likes

Rust. And also want to look into Deno.

3 Likes

Too many to decide and learn all! :bookmark:

1. Erlang to write better Elixir apps - sorry to all Beam devs :joy:

2. Rust to write faster Elixir apps using NIF - ok, I’m starting to sound :crazy_face:

3. Some gaming in general - no, this time not for Elixir apps - just for fun :game_die:
    For now I have Unity book, later maybe also I would touch gaming in Rust, OpenGL/Vulcan, HTML5 games in my 5th life and so on … :video_game:

4. scenic related stuff :smiling_imp:

5. svelte SPAs using routify with Elixir CQRS backend over Phoenix.Channel :chart_with_upwards_trend:

For a longer time I tried to learn Romanian + EU law language, but I don’t expect much here and most probably as always I would leave this topic to smarter people. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I totally agree! I’ve joined a project that aims to promote Erlang in France.

That’s because we’re next gen cool kids. The old one used to use Erlang and C :joy:

That’s what I use to work in my previous job with a front in Vue. Commanded is a very good library and I love CQRS/ES!

For me I want to learn better Rust, and continue building my own language with it.
And understand more compilers, JIT compilers, interpreters etc. And why not starting writing a language on top of the BEAM.

3 Likes

My focus currently is on ruby and ruby on rails, to be able to build more complex websites/apps.

3 Likes

Erlang, Elixir and Phoenix are on my list.
Long time ago I played with F# and fall in love in functional programming.

I was solving tasks from Project Euler and it was amazing how (some of them) can be quickly, clearly written and than solution works from the first run – and gives the correct answer.

1 Like

Interested in learning TypeScript, been doing JavaScript for a long time now.

1 Like

I am thinking about learning Go.

1 Like