Which language or framework do you want to learn next?

Not any language or framework in particular but going to focus totally on advanced functional programming next year. Deep dive on purely functional data structures, category theory, lambda calculus – those sorta things. May learn Haskell or Idris to aid in those learning experiences.

3 Likes

My coworker is really impressed by dart/flutter, and wants to use that to build our mobile app.

Personally I still want to build something with Elixir, but GoLang and Kotlin are also tickling my fancy.

Rust would be something too, but I’m uncertain if I like the robustness of the syntax.

3 Likes

Build something in Elixir then join our Rust book club/s when we get them going next year :003:

3 Likes

Another language that has always intrigued me is Haxe which can target 7 different languages (JavaScript, C++, C#, Java, JVM, Python, Lua, PHP, Flash). But the tutorials are much more sparse than say Dart which are abundant. I will actually do quick input/output console programs to get a feel for such things as casting/converting/string interpolation, etc… it was much faster to find reference material for Dart than in Haxe.

3 Likes

Hopefully Kotlin if I am able to get a copy of this book :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Continuing to learn elixir :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve bought Metaprogramming Elixir, an express book.
Got not so much time lately, so a little book is quite enough.

4 Likes

That book’s nice, let us know what you think of that. I think I have the last few pages left.

4 Likes

Sure! Metaprogramming in Elixir and Ruby interest me but I’ve always feel a “lack” of knowledge to truly appreciate and write good macros.

2 Likes

Haxe is pretty awesome actually, a surprising number of capabilities in the language!

3 Likes

At this time, I’m interested in building iOS and macOS apps using Swift and SwiftUI.

2 Likes

Need to learn Python for my next project on machine/deep learning. Probably a simple project on text classification

3 Likes

I liked Python but when it comes to browser UI, it’s JS.
Later, I probably check out GoLang because it is used for Helm charts (kubernetes).

2 Likes

I am learning Erlang at the moment.

4 Likes

Next, I want to learn some more Ecto and Postgres.

6 Likes

TS. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Pyscript (python in browser/via WASM)!
It’s released recently.

3 Likes

Haha, that’s rather awesome. ^.^

1 Like

Working on getting Nitrogen working with Travis CI or CircleCI.

2 Likes

Reminds me somewhat of Htmx and it’s scripting language Hyperscript.
https://htmx.org/
https://hyperscript.org/docs/#introduction

3 Likes