What are you watching?

Just finished the series finale of Money Heist. Now thinking of finally starting The Expanse. It’s like Haskell (or Rust) for me, I attempted to watch it multiple times but gave up within days without any proper reason.

Also recently finished Invincible. Pretty good that one.

3 Likes

The Expanse is brilliant - I loved it :023:

1 Like
1 Like

Jamtara, available at Netflix in Hindi (original) and English. A series about a phishing scam in a remote village of India.

2 Likes

So how was the movie? I haven’t seen it yet. ^.^

1 Like

I loooooved it :lol:

At times it felt a little biographical but I think we can allow it given Lana didn’t really want to do another film, and I think the important thing is that it’s the sort of ending many of us were yearning for (where it’s not really an ending, but could potentially be a new beginning). I won’t say any more than that as I don’t want to spoil it for you :upside_down_face:

I can’t wait for it to come out on 4K Blu Ray :003:

1 Like

Can’t wait :lol:

3 Likes

Apple kept bugging me about claiming 3 months free of Apple TV so I gave in :lol:

Seen these so far and I loved them:

2 Likes

How’s foundation? I’ve heard it’s… bad, not following the books at all? That’s about all I’ve heard about it so far so I’m curious on more perspectives and why, lol.

2 Likes

I thought it was good :lol:

It’s based around something I haven’t seen before - and when they revealed it I thought why hadn’t anyone else done it as it seems like such an obvious thing to base a sci-fi story around! :upside_down_face:

It’s not perfect but I thought it was entertaining - worth a watch if you can get it :023:

1 Like

After finishing the last season of The Expanse I needed more so started rewatching from start. Currently on season 3 and it’s even better this watch through.

2 Likes

If you like The Expanse I think you’ll like Foundation @Hallski :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, I really enjoyed that as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I don’t think that actually, the foundation books span such a shear length of time with surprisingly little that’s really “watchable” that it seems like it would be hard to translate it to the screen well, possibly one of the hardest stories to put to the visual medium, hence why I’m really curious not only how it is but “what” exactly is on the screen. o.O

Haven’t read the expanse, wish I had time to read nowadays, lol. The show is awesome though!

2 Likes

Yeah I heard that (haven’t read the books myself) but I think they pulled it off :smiley:

I was a bit confused the first time you see the older version of the younger Cleon, but once you know what’s going on it all clicks into place.

While all the cast was great, my main criticism really is that it just didn’t feel like there was much chemistry between the two main couples - not sure why that is but I’ve noticed it a lot lately.

The dynamic between the couple in Invasion was much more believable, but still, Foundation is still excellent and it was just the first - I am sure it’ll get better in the next season. Definitely worth a watch imo.

2 Likes

Castlevania and He who can’t marry (Japan) season 1

3 Likes

yep - The Expanse is my fav sci-fi at the moment. The digital effects for the mobiles are so real.

2 Likes

@OvermindDL1 - I’m inclined to agree with you. And if the series, Foundation, is not following the books then it’s a bit of thievery to use Asimov as a way to sell the production. I just read the first book of The Expanse, the first 1st season at least is very loyal to the book.

@Hallski - same happened to me - I watched The Expanse 1, 2, 3 in English, then Spanish and when Season 4 came out went back and watched all 3 again in English to get my head around it. The universe is … expanse :grin:

2 Likes
  • McMafia - it’s on Prime Amazon, don’t know about other platforms. It deals with how global corruption works. It’s based on a book of same name by an investigative reporter. The production has locations all over the world, Europe, India, Isreal, Russia, Saudi Arabia. Only one season has been made so far. It follows a Russian family living in London. The father is exiled Russian mafia. I’ll leave it there, very well worth watching if not just for how corruption and its networks operate.
  • ZeroZeroZero - reminds me of McMafia a bit. This deals with drug trafficking. Again many production locations like England, Italy, Mexico. And the soundtrack is by Mogwai - bonus !!
3 Likes

Starting watching SEE …but thought it was a bit too daft for my liking. Be curious if anyone’s seen it tho…

2 Likes