What are you watching?

I’m going to have to watch Good Omens now thanks to you lot! :joy: (but I want to get a couple of projects out of the way first otherwise I will binge watch the whole series!) I thought David Tennant was excellent in Dr Who, so definitely keen to watch it.

It kindof also reminds me a bit of The Preacher, which is also available on prime:

2 Likes

I didn’t know Preacher was on Prime. I’m going to have to give it another go. It seems right up my alley, and Gilgun’s a fun actor to watch.
Good Omens was great, I’m going to have to read the book before season 2.

2 Likes

I loved it Leslie! It was refreshingly different to everything else at the time (or at least in terms of what I had seen). If it’s in 4KHDR I might watch it again one day :joy:

2 Likes

I really like films about animals, insects. Series “TINY World” of one of them. :ant:

Their life is an amazing, breathtaking sight. Now, in the summer, every day, walking in the park, I watch birds - how they build nests, incubate and feed their offspring. After all, it’s a great way to take your mind off the day-to-day programming issues and find inspiration.

2 Likes

If you like that you should definitely consider Seven Worlds, One Planet 4KHDR

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07W4D6TRZ

It’s stunningly filmed, produced and narrated :heart_eyes:

While on the topic of Blu Rays this is one of my faves - Stephen Hawking’s Universe:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003NW1XT4

I wish they would release a re-master in 4K!

2 Likes

@AstonJ, thank you very much for additional links. I will try to watch these amazing films.
Thank you very much for your positive educational actions!

2 Likes

I like David Attenborough’s films very much! He is very productive. I only watched “Planet”, “Planet Earth II”. I hope I will have the opportunity to get acquainted with his other works:

2 Likes

Another show that I feel doesn’t get enough attention is Gavin & Stacey.

2 Likes

I’m always (pleasantly!) surprised when people know of (or like!) Welsh things :sunglasses:

Here’s a few clips of G&S if anyone’s curious:

(I haven’t watched them so don’t grill me if they’re bad! :joy:)

2 Likes

I just rewatched both seasons of Gravity Falls. Amazing short cartoons. It’s only 40 episodes, but it’s so much fun and so full of mysteries.

4 Likes

While on the topic of comedy… Mrs Browns Boys always cracked me up (it’s fairly old now). Most of the cast are related (Mrs Brown and her daughter ‘Cathy’ are actually husband and wife!) and many of the jokes are ad-hoc. When the idea was pitched it got rejected and the initial reviews in the media were very negative… but it resonated with the public and became a hit. Here’s a clip:

2 Likes

This looks good:

Dune - Official Trailer (2021) Timothée Chalamet, Oscar Isaac, Zendaya - YouTube

3 Likes

Rumor has it that it’s going to be a two-parter. Part 1 has a budget of $150,000,000! :open_mouth:

I hope for the very best, but I would rather have had it be serialised and run for a couple of seasons. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Loved the first one!

3 Likes

Rewatching Seinfeld. Super classic.
Another thing that I’m not watching right, but recently came to mind is old British TV series “Yes, Prime Minister.”
There are two versions of this series, one is older the other one is new and I thought how the new isn’t really that good even though the “pixels” are better.

2 Likes

Gravity Falls is amazing. Easily my favorite series. :blush:

3 Likes

I am watching fireship course videos

2 Likes

Hi, how I would love to watch something other than programming programs and other studies and work, but time is so short that at the end of the day there is only strength to go to bed and sleep!! :sleepy:

4 Likes

:joy::joy:

3 Likes

You need to throw something out of your daily routine and replace it with something you want to do. I wish you success in this! :dizzy:

2 Likes