What are you watching?

:081:

1 Like

House of Dragon finally got interesting in the last two episodes - which makes me think they’re in it for the long run. Kinda excited for season 2 now :003: (but please, no more actor changes!! :lol:)

1 Like

Watching Handmaid’s Tale with my wife. And Scream Queens in my free time (Not her kind of humour that one). I’ve always been fan of Ryan Murphy’s works and it’s pity I never got to watch Scream Queens earlier.

2 Likes

Watching - Interview with the Vampire the 2022 tv series.

2 Likes

Hope they do the games justice! Anyone who hasn’t played the games you really should - part one is great, but part two has to be one of the best games ever created - it’s incredibly polished in almost every single aspect, from the story, to acting, to gameplay to tech :smiley:

Was discussing this with some friends. Either too good or too bad will make this series hard to watch. The latest trailer looks like it might be too good, which will make it an emotional (and stress level) roller coaster to watch.

Looking forward to it regardless.

The games were brilliant, both of them and two of the few games I have sat through the after text as I was not ready to let go.

1 Like

I started watching season 1 of Warrior Nun. But in the finale, when the fight between Adriel and nuns was cut abruptly, I got bored of the show a little. But I’ll probably come back to it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I started watching an Australian Tv Series - Irreverent.

1 Like

Currenlty I’m watching Farha.

https://www.netflix.com/browse?jbv=81612982

1 Like

Really pleased to see Brendan Fraser being given a chance, looks like it could be the best performance of his life…

Wednesday.

"I act as if I don’t care if people dislike me. Deep down…

I secretly enjoy it."

3 Likes

I loved Wednesday and all those quirky bits of humour.

3 Likes

Did you like the book?

1 Like

Anyone watching the last of us? I saw the first episode and not really feeling it! It’s nowhere near the same experience as the game, not even close imo.

Lots of ‘favourable’ comments in the YouTube vids but maybe they were generated by ChatGPT!? :lol:

I heard good things about it and would like to watch it, but where do I get the time for? :smiley:
Please keep us updated if it’s getting any better :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I watched the first episode again and it was better the second time around. I just wish they choose an actor who actually looked more like Joel (tho the actor who’s playing him is great, he’s just not like the Joel in the games).

1 Like

I’m really enjoying TLoU so far and really like that they have (so far) extended the episodes with deeper background and character development rather than long action sequences and fight scenes.

1 Like

Has anyone seen the first season of The Peripheral? It’s based on the William Gibson novel (which I have not read).
I highly recommend this series. The script is very well written, great use of the English language.

1 Like

Glad you’re enjoying it Hallski! I’me definitely warming to it but I think they completely miscast Pedro as Joel - he’s nothing like him imo, even if they did give him the same haircut :lol:

There have been a few other minor gripes as well - think they could have spent longer with Joel and his daughter (and made the r/ship less ‘pally’). I hated the shakey cam footage it always feels lazy and there have been some odd dialogue as well. But other than that it’s definitely grown on me… if only I could shake Pedro not being anything like Joel! :upside_down_face:

I loved it Finner!! Must watch for all developers/tech people too :023:

2 Likes

The last of us has definitely grown on me - the latest episode (of Eli and her friend in the shopping mall) was brilliant, definitely my favourite episode so far.

I still can’t see Pedro as Joel, but have just accepted the game and the series are two different things and have accepted it as such.

It’ll be interesting to hear what people who have never played the game think of it after watching the series - wonder if they’ll like the series more or the game more :upside_down_face:

1 Like