What are you watching?

I guess it is a new Amazon Prime series? Saw a teaser or two lying around. Never really a fan of LOTR.

2 Likes

Re-watching The Expanse.

3 Likes

Just watched it and wanted to echo what Dave said - I thought it was brilliant! I think a lot of people will interpret it in a lot of different ways, and I think it’s the only movie that’s made me shed a tear and laugh at the same time :lol:

My only criticism is the stunt double for Michelle Yeoh was a bit too obvious! This is just a nit-pick as she’s 60 now, and she did so well with doing so much of it herself.

It’s on Amazon Prime and well worth a watch! :023:

1 Like

It never showed up in cinemas here in Bulgaria :frowning: which is weird, we usually get everything. Will watch it online somewhere.

Oh boy, wait until you see Cloud Atlas (2012). Haven’t rewatched it at least for 9 months now. I dare not to, it makes me cry absolutely every time without fail.

(Probably the only thing ever that managed to make me cry roughly on the same level was the final episode of Battlestar Galactica.)

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen Cloud Atlas! Looks good! (Edit: just checked, it’s on Prime so I’ll have to watch it at some point :))

Loads of films have made me cry, but EEAAO had me almost shedding a tear AND :043: - and I thought to myself, that was new! Don’t think I’ve experienced that before :lol:

Let us know what you think if you watch it!!

1 Like

Cloud Atlas is very unconventional. If you’re tired of formulaic movies I believe that you’ll enjoy it a lot.

Can’t wait hearing what you think of it! :smiley: I recommend it very strongly; it’s in fact one of my top 5 all-time favorites.

2 Likes

This looks like it might be good!

1 Like

Hannibal is one of the best shows ever made, IMO.

Mads Mikkelsen’s casting was perfect.

3 Likes

Some of the new stuff I’d recommend:

• Pantheon:
4 Likes

Haven’t seen Hannibal but currently watching the Jeffrey Dahmer story - it’s scary as hell when you think that it all actually happened! :scream:

3 Likes

I watched Man vs bee last night
 its was so good

2 Likes

I am rebinging American Horror Story, currently Roanoke with Season 10 and Hotel pending (I stopped midway reason unknown). I am not sure I liked Dahmer much. Not sure why Netflix has this obsession with serial killers, fiction is fine but when dealing with characters that existed, you should be careful not to glorify or sympathize with them.

3 Likes

I think if they are going to do them then they should try to be as accurate as possible - but they seem to have taken quite a few liberties with the story

1 Like

Start watching the series the crown

3 Likes

Been watching Rings of Power:

It’s very well shot, produced, acted and with a good story!

Better than House of Dragon - but worth a watch as well:

2 Likes

I’m also enjoying Rings of Power more so far but I’m not fully caught up on HotD.

2 Likes

Rewatching and binge watching The Office Season 1-8.

2 Likes

:icon_eek: :lol:

1 Like

Just started watching Shantaram - and it made me feel like getting up and going on an adventure! :lol:

1 Like

I enjoy watching something funny before going to sleep.
Recently I found this anime called “Uncle from another world”, about a guy who woke up after 17 years in a coma, but while his body was in this state, his mind was in some kind of magical world.
It’s really funny, and it has a lot of jokes about Sega, xD

2 Likes