Did you manage to avoid covid19?

Which one were you given Mafinar?

1 Like

Pfizer. And the headache invited a little fever now lol.

2 Likes

Day 9 of home isolation.

2 Likes

So far, I managed to avoid COVID-19 – and I dearly hope to continue to until I’m fully vaccinated (1st shot is next week, yay!)

3 Likes

Welcome Stephan :smiley:

I noticed in your bio you are a cancer-survivor and was wondering whether you were given priority for the vaccine? A friend of mine has had one and since he is quite young I wondered why - he said he was given the option to have it early as he had issues with his platelets when he was younger (I’m not sure what the issue was exactly I didn’t as as I didn’t want to pry). I know someone else who has asthma and they were given priority too. Just wondering if the same is happening over there in Germany :blush:

2 Likes

Indeed, there is a law regulating the priorities here in Germany to allow the most vulnerable people (mostly medical staff and/or immunocompromised people) to be vaccinated first.
While the ordering seems to work OK, I find Germany lacks speed in getting people vaccinated.

3 Likes

47.1% of my state is fully vaccinated, 59.4% have at least one dose, and we have ample supply, just people need to go get it.

3 Likes

I think this are figures we can only dream off…

According to an article I read today (Tausende Vordrängler ertricksen sich Impfung – Rufe nach Strafen werden lauter - DER SPIEGEL) “32,8 Prozent der Menschen haben mindestens eine Impfung erhalten. Den vollen Impfschutz erhielten demnach bislang 9,4 Prozent der Bevölkerung.” (32.8% received at least one does, only 9.4 are fully vaccinated).

The article also claims that there is a lot of cheating to increase ones priority. About 2000 cases a week in Hamburg…

2 Likes

Got the second one yesterday. Moderna (first one was Pfizer). So far only sore arm.

2 Likes

Is that normal? I thought you were meant to have two jabs of the same?

2 Likes

We’re doing it here. Canada recommends mixing and matching AstraZeneca, Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines | CBC News

2 Likes

Ah that’s interesting, now you mention it I vaguely remember having heard something about it. My self-test kit arrived today, so I might test myself in a few days time! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I started getting the post-vaccine chills literally just now :frowning: :oldmanyellsatcloud

2 Likes

My friend said he had a headache and a sore arm on his second jab… hope you feel better soon Mafinar!

1 Like

Managed to avoid it - we had a small moment earlier this year where to co-workers got infected, but thankfully they had no symptoms, after that it has been smooth sailing

2 Likes

In my country, everyone tries to wear mask and avoid to eat outside.

2 Likes

Lol, my state is “open” again (so masks aren’t mandatory anymore) but still over half the people are wearing masks, and people try to eat only outside rather than inside, lol.

2 Likes

I managed to avoid getting it as well. And got vaccinated a few months ago (through my company).

2 Likes

Got first dose of vaccine yesterday. :v:t2:

3 Likes

Staying at home as much as I can

2 Likes