Did you manage to avoid covid19?

Which one were you given Mafinar?

1 Like

Pfizer. And the headache invited a little fever now lol.

2 Likes

Day 9 of home isolation.

2 Likes

So far, I managed to avoid COVID-19 – and I dearly hope to continue to until I’m fully vaccinated (1st shot is next week, yay!)

3 Likes

Welcome Stephan :smiley:

I noticed in your bio you are a cancer-survivor and was wondering whether you were given priority for the vaccine? A friend of mine has had one and since he is quite young I wondered why - he said he was given the option to have it early as he had issues with his platelets when he was younger (I’m not sure what the issue was exactly I didn’t as as I didn’t want to pry). I know someone else who has asthma and they were given priority too. Just wondering if the same is happening over there in Germany :blush:

2 Likes

Indeed, there is a law regulating the priorities here in Germany to allow the most vulnerable people (mostly medical staff and/or immunocompromised people) to be vaccinated first.
While the ordering seems to work OK, I find Germany lacks speed in getting people vaccinated.

3 Likes

47.1% of my state is fully vaccinated, 59.4% have at least one dose, and we have ample supply, just people need to go get it.

3 Likes

I think this are figures we can only dream off…

According to an article I read today (Tausende Vordrängler ertricksen sich Impfung – Rufe nach Strafen werden lauter - DER SPIEGEL) “32,8 Prozent der Menschen haben mindestens eine Impfung erhalten. Den vollen Impfschutz erhielten demnach bislang 9,4 Prozent der Bevölkerung.” (32.8% received at least one does, only 9.4 are fully vaccinated).

The article also claims that there is a lot of cheating to increase ones priority. About 2000 cases a week in Hamburg…

2 Likes

Got the second one yesterday. Moderna (first one was Pfizer). So far only sore arm.

1 Like

Is that normal? I thought you were meant to have two jabs of the same?

1 Like

We’re doing it here. Canada recommends mixing and matching AstraZeneca, Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines | CBC News

1 Like

Ah that’s interesting, now you mention it I vaguely remember having heard something about it. My self-test kit arrived today, so I might test myself in a few days time! :nerd_face:

1 Like

I started getting the post-vaccine chills literally just now :frowning: :oldmanyellsatcloud

1 Like

My friend said he had a headache and a sore arm on his second jab… hope you feel better soon Mafinar!