Coronavirus/Covid home testing kits

Here in the UK you can get them free from the NHS - is it the same where you are? Have you tried any/would you?

Here’s the NHS links:

The test for people without symptoms of COVID-19 is called a rapid lateral flow test.

This usually involves rubbing a long cotton bud (swab) over your tonsils (or where they would have been) and inside your nose.

The tests can give you a result in 30 minutes. They use a device similar to a pregnancy test and do not need to be sent to a lab.

You can do a rapid test at home or at a rapid lateral flow test site.

If you test positive, you and anyone you live with will need to self-isolate.

Who can get regular rapid tests

Anyone who does not have symptoms can now get regular rapid lateral flow tests to check for COVID-19.

I’m told they’re posted through the letterbox and you don’t need to sign for them. I’ve just ordered a kit :smiley:

3 Likes

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

1 Like

Not sure about the tests but the vaccines are free in government hospitals and medical centres.

2 Likes

My tests arrived yesterday and I did one earlier today and it was… negative :nerd:

*touch wood it stays that way!

2 Likes

Knock on wood is the thing here, lol.

1 Like

I’ve heard both here, though (and not sure whether it’s just a Welsh thing) but we mostly say “touch wood” here :nerd_face: (and people like me usually just knock our heads :rofl:).

1 Like

Stay safe man :v:t2:

2 Likes