Did you manage to avoid covid19?

I’ve avoid Covid, even if the mask is not mandatory anymore in France, alot of ppl still wear it. TBH, I’m happy about the mask policy, I was a mouth breathing when I wore it. Can’t managed to breath correctly.

2 Likes

We have just started our office operation with 50% staff and gov. rules and regulation. Kanhasoft still take precaution as below:

1. Take care in your workplaces.
  2. Take care of physical distancing.
  3. Take care to spread the word not the virus.
  4. What to consider for health before opening the workplace.
  5. Take care of sanitisation.
  6. Take care of yourself.

Maybe, all well in the upcoming days.

Keep work, Keep Smiling :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How’s everyong being?

So far I managed to avoid covid, but now unfortunately our government declared covid to be over, and so did our company bosses, mening I have to go to office 3 times a week.
And this even if a team colleque now is sick for more than a week…
I worry that it won’t take long now until we all get the bug, and still I can’t get my 4yo vaccinated.

2 Likes

Can’t you all protest you’d rather continue working from home? :lol:

I would have though employers might give people the option to WFH or office, it could prove cheaper for them in the long run as there would be less expenses, especially with rising fuel/heating prices!

The restrictions are ending here in the UK too. Personally I have still managed to avoid it - or at least I don’t think I contracted it. I might try to get an antibody test at some point just to see. The sauna in my gym is reopening too and while it is tempting I still think it’s a bit too risky. I am going to try and build a sauna and mini-gym myself at some point instead :003:

2 Likes

I like working from home, so the coronovirus pandemic has been a great opportunity to start working remotely. I know that many of my friends are happy with this opportunity.

3 Likes

Now the variant omicron is hard to avoid. The only thing is to take the vaccination to reduce risk of severe syptoms.

2 Likes

Personally I still have not been infected, viable for a booster in about 4 weeks…

Just vaccinated to not have to be tested every day…

My daughter has been infected last may, my son had a fever at the same time though declined the PCR (we assume he had it as well).

My wife had confirmed delta during october.

I got nothing. I’m in the public transport daily. I brought the kids to bed, despite my daughter beeing positiv. I shared the bed with my wife, despite her being positiv.

Within the company, everyone got it. I didn’t (well I didn’t bring anyone of them to bed, but, you understand I think?)

To be honest… I do not care anymore… I will try to fullfil the amount of rules that make my life easier and do not require daily testing… Beyond that I will just go my way.

FFP2 and a fourseat in the train have been my best friends during the last 2 years, and this is what I will continue to insist on, but thats it.

Don’t get me wrong. I do not refuse to accept that Corona exists. I do not refuse to accept that it is dangerous (at least my wife still suffers from extreme tiredness). I do not consider the vaccination a conspiracy. I do not try to use Covid as the excuse for everything…

It is just… I have been exposed to it, multiple times. I had several positiv selftests. But not a single positiv PCR.

I wouldn’t lean myself thus far out of the window that I’d say, I’m immune, but at least I’d say, the virus doesn’t affect me directly…

2 Likes

How many jabs have you had Norbert?

I know you mentioned a while ago that all of your family had had it - I just assumed you did as well! You never know you may have a natural immunity or have just had it and been asymptomatic. It’s odd that your self-tests have been positive but not the PCR…

:lol:

1 Like

Vaccination shots you mean? 2 so far. I can get the third in April if I did the match correctly

2 Likes

Did you notice any side effects? Did your wife have the jabs too? Before getting covid?

I am thinking about getting vaccinated as I am considering seeking planning permission to add an extra room here so I can offer it as part of the UK Homes for Ukraine scheme, where people can offer a room to someone seeking refuge without all the usual red-tape. The only thing that worries me is getting coronavirus, if it wasn’t for that I would have been one of the first to volunteer. If the war goes on for along time there will be a lot of people displaced, hence thinking about this now.

1 Like

For me it felt similar to a flu vac, though I felt first symptoms minutes after the injection, not hours and they lasted a day longer.

Collegues of mine though took a day of for sickness after their injection(s).

To give a rough overview about how I usually react to vaccinations:

Flu: a bit dizziness the next day, rarely a headache. Soreness in the injection arm, beginning a couple of hours after the shot, lasting not longer than roughly 12 hours.
Yellow Fever: Raised temperature after an hour or two, strong dizzines as well. One day off for sickness. Comrades receiving the vaccination as well have been sick for at least 2 days.
Japanese encephalitis: (an experimental and unapproved vaccine when I received it). First shot gave me raised temperature, headache in the evening, second and third shot have caused some soreness. Comrades complained about raised temperature after all three shots, though no soreness or raised temperatur for them.

No. We wanted to wait for “second generation” vaccine by BionTech which we even applied for being study subjects. It was planned to be market ready March/April this year, not sure what the current state is now.

I only received my shots for 3 reasons.

1. It has been foreseable that daily tests are required for unvaccinated people, I wanted to avoid that.
  2. It has been in the family at least 2 times
  3. In the house we have a disbeliever whom we can’t really go out of the way and who also often refuses to wear mask when it was necessary or appropriate. We avoid contact as much as possible, though it is not always easy, and if we put our mask on to protect him and us, he considers that personal offense…
2 Likes

Seriously, do it, now.
Not getting vaccinated is like playing russian roulette.
I’ve got 2 shots of Pfizer last year, and this year a booster with Moderna, haven’t had any issues but an aching arm the next day. Even my 4 years old daughter got her first shot now.
Unfortunately with Omikron the vaccination can’t protect you from getting infected, but it will protect you from a severe case or even death, and also reduces the risk of many long term problems caused by covid, like blood clots, brain & vagus nerve damage,…

3 Likes

I’ve never had a flu vac either… and aren’t you too young for one? I thought they only gave them to the elderly and vulnerable?

Did you have to take them when you were in the army? Or are those common in Germany for citizens too?

Ah I see. Not sure if it’d help her, but perhaps probiotics like homemade sauerkraut might help? I think I mentioned it to you before, but the best recipe I have actually came with my fermenting crock (from Germany!). It’s basically cabbage, salt and a few bayleaves! The best batch I have ever made was actually with local organic cabbage direct from a farmer… the result was quite effervescent! I need to find out if they are still selling it!

I’m considering it Rainer :upside_down_face:

For now, since I don’t really see anyone or go anywhere (apart from up the mountain!) I hope I can continue to avoid it. Like you said, it’s a risk (just like it is getting vaccinated).

What I really would like to do right now tho is get a test for antibodies - I would be very curious to learn whether I have had it as I guess most of us would have by now : /

How was she?

1 Like

Yes, those have been during my army time, as well as the flu shots I had. I wouldn’t have taken it without order.

The best receipe I have has never been written down, but has been passed from mother to daughter in my mothers family, and my mother is refusing to try it after the original keg broke a couple of years ago, shortly after my grandma died.

2 Likes

You’ll have to pry it out of her :smiley:

Tell her your friend from Wales wants to try it :003:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, an infection does not protect from further infections. And with every reinfection your immune system may age.
So still better not to get infected at all, but the vaccination will give you some safety by lowering all the risks of an infection.

Same as me: Only her arm a little aching.

2 Likes

No vaccine and no Covid, at least as far as I know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

Same answer here: “As far as I know I didn’t, but it wouldn’t surprise me if I had and just wasn’t aware of it…”

Being more specific, last December, after two doses, I had some flu-like symptoms. But I stayed home and didn’t get tested. After one month, I took the third dose.

3 Likes

Despite being on daily commute for 2 years and vaccinating very late, I just dodged it.

Even though we have been in quarantine easter '21 and during Oct '21 as my daughter and my wife got it respectively, I dodged it (despite still having close contact to the infected).

Then my son got tested positive at April, 1st. Last day of school before easter… April 6th then has been the day I got tested positiv. My family was allowed to leave quarantine at April, 8th and went to my parents for an easter holiday, while I had to stay quarantined until April, 14th.

I had basicall no symptoms except for being extremely tired and exhausted at April, 5th. My wife asked me to do a self test because I looked very pale. After the positive selftest, I arranged a PCR, as I required a confirmation of quarantine which I only get with a PCR, not with a self test.

So my lucky streak of 2 years avoiding covid19 has found an end. I I really find it funny that I got hit by it only after the vaccination…

2 Likes

That’s super interesting and I have to say I found it remarkable that despite a number of your family members getting it on multiple occasions (and you even nursing your daughter when she was poorly with it) you managed to avoid it! Perhaps you had a ‘better’ natural immunity?

It’s a shame they didn’t seek out people who appeared to have a natural immunity against it - I believe they have done that with HIV and many of the treatments today were thanks to a lot of that research.

Hope you continue to get well speedily!

1 Like