What's the weather like there?

I’d like a welsh rarebit and a pint of bitter, please. Meet you there in two hours! :smiley:

3 Likes

That’s what it was here today :smiley: Could do with being a touch warmer tho :joy:

It’s only fair you get some rubbish weather like the rest of us do from time to time ODL! :smiley: :blush:

You’d love it Dave! If you ever come to Wales we’ll have to pop up there :blush:

I was out for about 5 hours again today :see_no_evil: I was only going to go for a short walk as I went further than I planned yesterday, but discovered a new path and just couldn’t help myself! It was a lovely day tho so it was definitely worth it :orange_heart:

Here’s a quick snap…

3 Likes

Nothing rubbish about it, I’m loving the rain to a great amount! Screw the sun, lol. ^.^

1 Like

Haha, I don’t mind the rain… so long as it’s warm! It’s the cold I don’t like - I hibernate in the winter :rofl:

You’re not a fan of the sun then? It’s funny how some people hate the heat and love the cold (I’m the total opposite!) :joy:

1 Like

Absolutely! I can’t see when it’s too bright out, and I really really don’t like the heat, lol.
It sucks where I live… >.>

1 Like

Swap? :joy:

2 Likes

I hope you’re all still getting out in the nice weather if you’re having any - I certainly am! :smiley:

4 Likes

Yeah, where? Middle of the city? I do have a “river” (more like a canal) below my balcony and some green trees which still puts me way above what most people have as a view but it’s not nearly good enough as yours…

2 Likes

We’ve been alternating between thunderstorms o’ doom with a sprinkling of golf-ball sized hail and 102-108 degree temps. ^.^

EDIT: I actually really like the storms, brings the temps down to the 90’s or 80’s… >.>

2 Likes

It was ~16C yesterday with some rain, today is an mostly sunny 22 degrees. Toronto.

Update: It’s not absolutely sunny, my son corrected me, there are noticeable chunks of cloud. Sunlight still dominates.

2 Likes

@AstonJ , how wonderful it would be to walk here with Nordic walking sticks. Wonderful tracks! I like them!

2 Likes

So much rain here lately! This area is usually a desert, so this is awesome! And it’s keeping it cooler than 110 degrees F, which is also awesome! ^.^

3 Likes

We’re having some lovely weather here at the mo so I’ve been trying to get up the mountains everyday :orange_heart: what’s the weather like there and are you doing anything to enjoy it? :sunglasses:

1 Like

11pm and still feels like 44°C :sweat:

2 Likes

I hadn’t been keeping up to date with what’s going on everywhere else but it appears NA is suffering with some crazy heat waves and some parts of Europe with flooding:

Hope all of you affected are keeping safe.

1 Like

Until now, we maybe had one week or so of real summer. It feels like it’s always raining. There was a severe storm that caused a lot of damage near here, lakes and rivers are overfilled.
Luckily the weather looks getting better from today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just randomly stumbled across this… a few days after having what was, as far as I can recall, my first welsh rarebit! Not bad. Someone opened a British-style pub a few miles from my house – which is about fifteen miles due west of Washington DC, so not anywhere near the UK nor even anywhere recently part of the Empire. (Well, not that one anyway, we’re trying to build our own…)

2 Likes

Here are a couple of photos from the last few days…

If you’ve been on any hikes or anywhere interesting and have some pics, please share! :blush:

3 Likes

I am sure you’re dying to look at concrete jungles with a few trees here and there! :roll_eyes:

Looking at your photos is making me keenly aware that I’ve been doing life VERY wrong… :cry:

3 Likes

You can often get stunning architecture and pictures of cities and city life Dimi - perhaps you live near some of these for instance? I don’t know about anyone else but I’d be interested in seeing where you live …and if you’re feeling creative, perhaps you can capture the vibe or feel of what it’s like to be there in your photos too - you don’t need an expensive camera, most phone cameras are more than adequate :blush:

Ah don’t say that - I was just lucky to have been born here, and you’ll find that you have some very unique experiences and perspectives of your own (that many others don’t) - so regardless of where you were born, or the paths you’ve taken, there are probably more positives in your life (or in you, resulting from your life) than you might realise… even if they might not be obvious :hugs:

2 Likes