What's the weather like there?

It’s absolutely boiling here atm :orange_heart:

Well, probably not in comparison to where some of you live but it’s a lovely 29 degrees C here - I am looking forward to going for a hike later!

How about where you are? And will you be doing anything in it?

2 Likes

It has been an awful autumn-like season here for almost 2 months! :angry:

The warm / hot-ish days like today top at 25’C and get overshadowed – literally! – by days of rain and wind and clouds afterwards.

I hope we actually get to have some actual summer… :frowning:

2 Likes

Exaggeration? :joy: I am really used to all the heat. I’m really enjoying myself but it is a beautiful change compared to all the storms some parts of UK got a few weeks ago

2 Likes

I feel your pain! :joy:

We’ve had three days of beautiful sunshine, and from the weekend we have rain forecast for a whole week! Hence I’ve been making the most of it and going for 3 / 4 hour hikes up the mountain every day :nerd_face: I’m lucky that I live just a few minutes walk to the foot of it, and when you’re on it you can walk for hours and not see a soul - I love it :orange_heart:

Good to hear you are enjoying it, I think when you live in the UK or other cold countries you get to appreciate the sunshine that little bit more :smiley:

1 Like

I’m a massive fan of glaciers and cold environments though! :blush:

2 Likes

I’m not, I hibernate in the winter :joy:

Apart from going gym (and sauna!) and doing my weekly shop :grin:

1 Like

Mmmm, 25C sounds comfortable. It’s been routinely hitting up to 38-40C here, averaging 35-37 the past week due to occasional rain thankfully.

1 Like

It’s currently 28.4C here - I like it this warm tbh - means I can actually wear shorts! (I hate the cold so only wear them when it’s this warm!) :joy:

1 Like

Inside I’ve been keeping it 20C, my work’s been keeping it at 19C. So a bit of screw the outside from me, lol. ^.^

1 Like

Mostly hot but already used to it.

2 Likes

Here in Seattle, wish we had more snow.

2 Likes

Just short time ago here in Switzerland we had snow, but now it’s beautiful spring weather with already more than 15°C.
Is it just my feeling, or are temperatures always jumping in the last years? It’s not getting slowly warmer and colder, its often jumping by 10 or even 20 degrees…

Anyway, as I’m considering everything below 26°C as cold, maybe I should live in a different place :smiley:

3 Likes

You and me both Rainer :rofl:

I wish the UK (and in particular, Wales) was warmer - the only thing is I might not get any work done then, because I find it hard to stay in when the weather lovely and warm :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

I’d be willing to take the risk :smiley:
I spent 3 Months in Australia, was feeling more like home than here :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

It’s awful in Sofia. Usually the winters are just cloudy, a little damp and cold. The occasional fog makes the smog much worse than it otherwise is… It got so bad at one point (December 2019) that me and my wife resorted to wearing masks with filters that stop the hard particles when we had to go out to do chores – that was 2-3 months before Corona hit, so when that happened we were prepared. :smiley:

It’s not that the climate is so bad. It’s the fact that most autumn, winter AND spring the weather is kind of cloudy. It’s extremely depressing.

I don’t know if climate change is responsible or not, but even the summer is quite inconsistent. :frowning:

2 Likes

It’s a very mixed bag here in Virginia. Thirties yesterday, fifties today. (Farenheit of course.) At least we didn’t get the deep freeze like Texas did.

3 Likes

I am forever spoiled by the Kingsman movies – “West Virginia, mountain mama, take me home, country roaaaaaaaaaads” :laughing:

2 Likes

Feels like summer has finally arrived here in the UK… I even managed to go on my first mountain walk of the year!

I only took a few snaps to send someone so they aren’t great, but posting here in case they motivate some of you to explore the countryside where you live too!

And posting this one for @Dave because I know he loves his country pubs :smiley:

Both of the above are about a 2 hour stroll from my house :orange_heart:

4 Likes

It was in the low 90’s F here in North Carolina last week but this weekend it has cooled back down. Hi has been in the low to mid 70’s the past couple of days and it has been really nice! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Unlike the usual high-plains/desert heat and sun, lately we’ve been inundated with thunderstorms, hail, and tornadoes… ^.^;

1 Like