What is the Best Laptop to develop with a Linux OS?

I think I gave up of the new laptop idea, instead I will go with the invisible PC:

3 Likes

Haha do it Paulo! I have often thought about similarā€¦ but just for a mechanical keyboard :rofl:

The worst thing about MKs is that you have to use wrist rest, which means they take up too much room for my liking. I think a cut out for something like a Keyboardio Atreus (Mechanical) (Ergonomic) (Ortholinear) would be perfect, with some slight adjusters to allow you to move it up/down the desk.

You should be the first to do it Paulo :nerd_face: :joy:

2 Likes

I never got that thing about the keyboardsā€¦ I am not picky with them at all :thinking:

For me they just need to have a track point :grin:

2 Likes

Is it just a Lenovo thing then? :thinking:

2 Likes

Dell also have them, but I think I read somewhere they are not quite the same:

2 Likes

Is Lenovo a good brand in terms of quality?

2 Likes

Nowadays no one is good in terms of quality as they used to be, and this includes any reputable brand from any type of thing you buy.

Regarding Lenovo I advise you to stick with the genuine Thinkpad series. Thinkpad L series are not a true Thinkpad, they are just leveraging the famous reputation of the name to sell low end machines.

Any brand you want to buy from must be exhaustively researched in the Internet for common issues to see if one arises that is very inconvenient, but the problem is that with some status brands users downplay the issues or do not even talk too much about them in the Internet.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Framework Laptops - modular, repairable laptops

A friend got a Lenovo Legion Pro 5, although it is a gaming laptop, he says it is good.

2 Likes

Same here. Using it to play Valorant, while at the same time as my dev machine.

2 Likes