What dev-related stuff have you been up to?

Currently learning functional programming in Elixir by reading " Programming Elixir 1.6" from PragProg

5 Likes

I’ve been doing a lot of exercises on the new Exercism website (currently nearly halfway through the Elixir track, with some interesting/challenging Medium challenges done :muscle:) and also listening to Pragmatic Studio’s OTP course – it may not have been super-cheap, but damn it, the value is there!

4 Likes

I have been reading " Designing Elixir systems with OTP" and my journal is here.

3 Likes

Besides doing Go & Rust tasks on Exercism.org I’ve been doing testing and security related stuff. Mainly tryhackme.com and hackthebox.eu. Doing CTF’s is fun, but trying to focus on making my blue-team skills better.

3 Likes

Implementing A* algorithm in Elixir and Phoenix just for fun and some tests.

3 Likes

Sounds interesting.
Can you share the code or github repo?

3 Likes

I am currently working on a Vue.js project. New to Vue, but everything is going smoothly.

2 Likes

Sure!
I just started the project with some tests.
I’m busy with others works and will continue that when having more free time.

3 Likes

I started to make a LISP dialect using the MAL guide in F#

4 Likes

Lately I’ve been studying Flutter, it has been a while since last time I’ve had such fun with programming. :slight_smile:

I’ve been thinking about going back to Elixir as well and do something with both for practicing

3 Likes

You can start by trying to use Phoenix Channels from Flutter to keep the mobile app and web app in sync :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s exactly what I was thinking about. :slight_smile:
Some app where people could draw on cellphone and see the result on the web app.

3 Likes

The link is dead (should be kanaka I think, not kanka)? But yeah, MAL is fun to make. ^.^

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing out. Though I don’t think I can edit the comment :thinking:

2 Likes

A mod just did it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So you know how last week, one of the old root certificates for Let’s Encrypt expired? Thanks to reading about this problem a few times right here on devtalk.com (thank you! 🙇‍♂), I was able to help diagnose and fix exactly this issue yesterday to one of our European teams :sweat_smile:

Apparently, turns out that for back-ends written in Swift/Vapor, it doesn’t even matter what sort of root certificates are trusted by the OS, but rather what version of libssl was the server binary linked to… or something like that. Anyhow, thanks to this forum, I could become a superhero for a few hours :rofl:

5 Likes

Did it caused issues with mobile apps certificate pinning?

3 Likes

I’ve been learning Elixir - it’s very different than any other programming language I’ve learned before

4 Likes

I think this is true on most backends (well, at least Java). The OS has less to do with it than the actual SSL libraries used.

But nice work :smiley: Be sure to ask for a raise :smiley:

3 Likes

Nice!

Yeah old version of openssl only looked at the first result of a certificate instead of multiple. ^.^;

2 Likes