What are you listening to?

Lately musicForProgramming has given me headspace.

2 Likes

Podcasts, podcasts, podcasts!

3 Likes

One of my favourite bands just released a new album :slight_smile:
Have seen them live twice, hope this will be possible againā€¦

2 Likes

what podcasts @jsonify ? I listen to Rich Roll & sometimes Rogan.
Any suggestions in the tech/ development space?

2 Likes

Hi @Hallski - Carbon Based Lifeforms sounds quite good, I just randomly selected a time and it reminded me a bit of Aphex Twin. I will try it out one of these days.
If you like Post Rock (instrumental rock music) you might want to check this out. Some good rocking tunes on this mix.

3 Likes

Oh, I love podcasts like Swift by Sundell, The Daily Show, American Innovations, Something You Should Know, Hacking Humans, The Inquiry, and Life Kitā€¦to name a few.

2 Likes

This is probably my favourite Aphex Twin trackā€¦

2 Likes

Currently in love with this:

2 Likes

vulf

3 Likes

I highly recommend Reply All (https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all). Although more in the general internet side than tech / dev side.

3 Likes

/off-topic - awesome beard Jaska :see_no_evil: I wish I could grow one but I canā€™t stand the itchiness :man_facepalming: :laughing:

2 Likes

/beard-topic :bear: - To be honest, itā€™s never itched. At least that I can remember. Iā€™ve had full beard forā€¦ gosh, for almost 20 years? Although have shaved it off on few occasions.

Funny story. When I started dating my wife, I once shaved the whole thing off ā€œto clean up a bitā€. She did not recognize me and made me swear that Iā€™d keep it. Now I think it would shock the kids if I shaved.

2 Likes
2 Likes

thanks @mantyjaska - just listened to episode 171 - Account Suspended, will be listening to more episodes.
Have you listened to the short podcast series Rabbit Hole from The New York Times?

3 Likes

No, but I need to take a listen. Looks interesting!

I canā€™t recommend this Reply All episode enough; https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all/6nh3wk/102-long-distance
They actually track down a scam call centre :smiley:

3 Likes

OMG !!! Itā€™s brilliant !!! Iā€™m hooked. Just starting Part II now

3 Likes

Haha Iā€™ve seen videos on YouTube where the dad shaves his beard and the kid doesnā€™t recognise him :rofl:

Lol just checked and thereā€™s loads like it:

Aww the girl in the second one bless herā€¦

2 Likes

Aww this is sad:

The sample is from Inception (film)

2 Likes

@mantyjaska - have you been to reply-all recently ? Something big happened, an apology has been issued and co-host PJ Vogt has left.

2 Likes

@finner Yeah. Shit hit the fan big time, I looked it up on Twitter after the apology. Interesting to see where they go from here.

3 Likes