What are you listening to?

A thread that every forum needs!

Simply post a link to a track on YouTube (or SoundCloud or Vimeo amongst others!) on a separate line and it should automatically embed into the post.

Please do not embed any videos containing gratuitous nudity or profanities (if in doubt, simply post a link with a warning, eg: Warning - contains strong language: link)

2 Likes

I’ll start!

Here’s a track that combines two of my biggest loves - Drum and Bass, and one of my favourite films ever, The Matrix!

If you like Drum and Bass, here are some mixes you might love:

Camo & Krooked - Essential Mix @ BBC Radio 1 - 06.05.2017

Camo and Krooked - RAMPAGE 2016

4 Likes

Here are a few different artists that I’ve been shuffling through recently. My taste seems to change daily, lol.

Still Woozy - Habit

Black Pumas - Colors

Perfume Genius - Slip Away

3 Likes

Still… Soul Asylum

3 Likes

Loving this:

Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart (John B Remix)

2 Likes

Love this too!

Free DL from here: https://hypeddit.com/track/44e9mu (you have to connect your soundcloud account)

1 Like

This is a really nice introduction to Drum & Bass for those who may not normally like dance music (the whole playlist) :smiley:

1 Like

I add another one:

3 Likes

I’m listening to Smoulder. It’s what you might get if 70s Black Sabbath started a D&D campaign, Geezer Butler brought his girlfriend, and Geezer’s girlfriend turned out to have a better voice than Ozzy.

2 Likes

A little something different.

I feel like this piece has a powerful sense of urgency; I tend to put Hiromi Uehara’s Voice album on repeat when I’m on a tight deadline.

4 Likes

When things need to get done I usually reach for the weird dark-synth / metal amalgam that is HUBRID.

Here are couple tracks that are representative:

3 Likes

Lately I’ve been listening to a lot of old video game soundtracks, particularly those of the 16-bit era.

One of my favorites is Treasure Hunter G from Square, a game that was never localized for the West. I think its soundtrack rivals the likes of Final Fantasy 4, 6, and Chrono Trigger.

3 Likes

Gonna look into this. Thanks. Have you listened to Master Boot Record at all?

3 Likes

Yeah! MBR is great for getting stuff done, too. I almost mentioned him upthread. Any tracks or albums in particular that you prefer?

I’m also a fan of most of the synthy stuff on the Blood Music label.

2 Likes

Maybe not exactly Drum and Bass in all cases, but perhaps some relative oldies might trip your trigger:

Anokha Soundz of the Asian Underground

3 Likes

Nice one Ted! If you like the last two you might like this remix by Grooverider:

Although you might need to turn the bass up as I remember it getting slated for not having enough :laughing: (It’s when Grooverider, one of the first prominent D&B DJs, started getting into production).

3 Likes

I tend to put the Interrupt Request album on repeat. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Loving this:

Especially with my new subwoofer (I blew my old one :joy: :see_no_evil:)

2 Likes

Love this :orange_heart:

(Camo & Krooked remix)

2 Likes

Do audio books count? I’ve really enjoyed The Art of War read by Aidan Gillen (Littlefinger from GoT)

2 Likes