What are you listening to?

They do! :smiley:

Tho we could probably have a dedicated thread for themā€¦ shall I split your post into a new thread? :nerd_face:

1 Like

Been listening to this on repeat (on Apple Music) since yesterday :nerd_face:

1 Like

Iā€™ve recently discovered the ā€œChiptuneā€ genre for myself, based on @Tedā€™s reply in this thread:

After having listened to the suggested Labyrinth by Monomer I wanted to look for other music which has a keenly artificial sound. I already quite like to listen to the ā€œRetroWave / Outrunā€-playlist on Spotify but wanted more like it.

So I ended up at ā€œEDM Chiptuneā€ (here is a great playlist on Spotify). The cool thing about ā€œChiptuneā€ is, that it trancends genres. There is ā€œChiptune Punkā€, ā€œChiptune Rockā€, ā€œChip-Hopā€ etc.; here is a good Reddit post on various good albums for various Chiptune subgenres.

So yeah, music is wild I guess. :smile:

3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Recently came across this gem. Iā€™m really a fan of electro swing songs such as this one:

3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Stunning!! Such a full sound for a 3-piece !
Jazz meets Math Rock

2 Likes

There has to be a tech talk in this video somewhere, I am convinced.

• Loopers = code reuse / code deduplication
  • Look at the height of all the instruments and the heads of the artists = visibility
  • Minimalistic stage presentation = Keep It Simple
  • Lighting / Stage = DevOps
  • The band = the Team (devs & product)
  • The fans = users
  • Itā€™s live = production release

Maria is singing in Catalan (Catalonia, Spain)

3 Likes

Thatā€™s great @finner!

I like their use of tech blended with more traditional instruments and the merging of those worlds :smiley: Iā€™m going to see if Apple Music have their album :nerd_face:

2 Likes

@AstonJ you can check her out on bandcamp

2 Likes

Thanks Finner, just found that album on Apple Musicā€¦ am listening now :blush:

1 Like
1 Like

This is cute - Tyler Straub - Dindi (Original Mix)

2 Likes
2 Likes

I do listen to chiptunes (especially Amiga demoscene stuff) when working:

but once Iā€™m off the clock Iā€™ve been listening to Necro Weasel:
https://necroweasel.bandcamp.com/track/scapegoat

4 Likes

Usually listen to instrumental music working and often find myself putting on Carbon Based Lifeforms for coding or writing sessions.

3 Likes