How do you keep fit and healthy?

How is everyone doing on the health and fitness front?

My own fitness routine has gone down the pan! :sob:

I used to go to the gym (and sauna!) Mon-Fri without fail for about 2 hours per day, however since covid all I’ve managed is a few walks up the mountain and the occasional pull ups on my pull up bar!

I think next year I am going to convert a room into a makeshift gym (squat rack and bench and weights is all I need really) and put a sauna in the garden (I have the perfect sized concrete workshop for it!) As much as I loved going to the gym, I am not going to risk it with covid now, and tbh, it used to take up a lot of time - some days you’d be there 3 hours catching up with people and you often have to plan things like meals just before going/after etc. I can definitely see how serious bodybuildings dedicate their lives to it!

I really wanted to try something different this year as well, MMA or Muay Thai (any tips @mantyjaska?) as there’s an MMA fighter who has a gym not too far away. I can’t see them re-opening with covid around now :frowning_face:

I did get a standing desk tho! Here’s the thread if anyone’s interested in those:

How’s everyone else doing?

1 Like