HELLO WORLD (Introductions thread!)

Hello, I am Isaias Flores and I’m the founder of Brimar Online Marketing, a digital marketing agency specialized in web design & development services.

I’m really excited about being part of this community.

4 Likes

Sounds like my dream job, back in my employee days! I’ve turned down jobs because they looked like they’d be “same old same old” over and over. (And I’m much more of a back-ender than front-end.)

5 Likes

It’s all fun and games until the management forgets to ask you if you’re willing to learn yet another language and assigns you on a project that’s written in Go this time, and now I’m suffering through every single day and just wishing for this hellish torment to end :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hmmm…

scribbles the code in rust
links the rust library into the go and just calls things
code is suddenly faster than then others

5 Likes

Hello! Kelvin here, from Brazil. I work with Elixir, for 5 years already, came from Elixir Forum.

4 Likes

Hi, my name is Dmitry, i’m from Russia, came from Elixir Forum too. Work on Ruby, dream of Elixir.

4 Likes

Hello Community, My name is Maurice from Rwanda, I have been working with Ruby but lately, I have gained interest in Elixir.

4 Likes

Hi there, my name is Nam. Currently, I write Elixir and Java code, and right now I am working on a quite interesting project which is about the language practice community, where people can join and practice their language (speaking skills). The backend I am writing in Elixir and use WebRTC SFU for the video call, if anybody interested, feel free to give me a DM. Thanks.

3 Likes

Oh gosh I wish :rofl: But I think the client would be very unpleasantly surprised once they realized that part of their platform is suddenly and unexpectedly written in an actually good programming language (in my case, I’d go for Elixir… but I suppose I should have a look at Rust at some point as well…)

4 Likes

Lol, I only said rust because it could be linked ‘in’ to a go app so it would actually be hard for them to tell, elixir can’t. ^.^;

2 Likes

Can’t believe I missed introducing myself on this forum. I guess it was on ElixirForum XD.
I’m Vaibhav from India. Currently working as a junior full stack developer. Spends most of the time on frontend dev (mostly React). But for some months, I’ve been working on Flutter also :disappointed_relieved:.
In my free time, reads about Elixir from books. :grin:

2 Likes

That sounds interesting :slight_smile:
Where are you located in Japan, and how did you end up there?
I used to travel to Japan every year (as my wife is japanese) before the borders closed :frowning:

3 Likes

It looks like we had the same reason to visit this country!

I originally came here to be closer to my girlfriend at that time (turning a long-distance relationship into a medium-distance one, shortening the distance from Prague ↔ Kyoto to Tokyo ↔ Kyoto), but once I turned girlfriend into a wife, I moved to her hometown (thankfully company has offices in both Tokyo and Osaka), so now I can enjoy wonderful Kansai summers of deadly heat :rofl:

2 Likes

Sounds Good :smiley:

My Family is Shizuoka-based, I visited Kyoto once. Usually I was in Japan in Spring or Autumn, as my wife is happy to skip the summer, while I quite like the heat :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope to be back there next year…

If you find an Elixir Company, I should move to Japan too haha

2 Likes

Hi all,
I am a developer from Hong Kong.
Originally working as a programmer and now focus on backend mostly.
I am interested in learning different kinds of technology and underlying principles.
However, I am quite busy at work so work on more and more backend and devops this year.

3 Likes

From Brasil

2 Likes

Based in the Bay Area here. Working on elixir backend for a small startup. I’m really glad to be part of this community. Thank you all for taking the time.

2 Likes

Interesting community, happy to be here.

2 Likes

I am Abhishek. Been trying to wrap my head around functional programming concepts like Pattern matching for about a month.

Coming from a python background, syntax of Elixir feels a bit familiar yet concepts are not so familiar!

Hoping to build some webapps in near future.

3 Likes

Hello everybody!
My name is William and I’m a civil engineering from Brazil, 33 years old but trying to change my path to a developer.
I started the civil engineering course because my father likes and the region I live in does not offer other options that I like, but today I see this was a wrong decision.
Anyway, nowadays I’m trying to improve my English and studying a lot over languages, focusing on Elixir as language and Phoenix as the main framework reading books, documentations and watching all kinds of stuff related to them, also enjoining a lot of courses and dreaming to be a junior developer in a company.
A short history about me =)
o/

3 Likes