Costa Rica Has Run on 100% Renewable Electricity for 299 Days

Costa Rica is pioneering the future of running on renewable energy and may be the model for future countries to follow suit.

In the last four years, Costa Rica has generated 98.53% of its electricity from renewable sources.

How? With its unique geography, forward thinking solutions, and commitment to sustainability, Costa Rica has used its rivers, volcanoes, wind, and solar power to generate its country’s power.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

2 Likes

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

1 Like

This is awesome news!

I have actually thought about getting a ‘Rentista’ in Costa Rica for a couple of years - just for a change of scenery… and the weather! :joy:

2 Likes

Hurry, these green technologies would take over the world! :100:
Maybe country were I am now would become a better place to live (instead of having to resolve issues and come up with schemes for moving to other countries).

3 Likes

What kind of issues need resolving (no problem if you’d rather not say publicly) and which countries would you like to move to Anatolii? :smiley:

1 Like

A lot of.
I will share those closest to me and the places where I live.

Ecology
Of course, there are many environmental issues. Unfortunately, the people among whom I live do not have the opportunity to take care of their health and the worlds around them. Nothing can be done alone. There is a stream flowing not far from my house, and industrial enterprises constantly dump waste into it, which then falls into the Baltic Sea. The next one is traffic jams.
Traffic jams … People sit in cars for hours to travel several kilometers. Next of is a garbage.
Garbage in the streets. People litter the streets. This makes me sad.

There is (in Kaliningrad) on TV and outdoors. I promote a healthy lifestyle.

By my example, I show you how to practice Nordic walking. I give master classes to everyone for free.

Education
I have created educational startups in Russia and Germany. First one is “Languages with music”.

Our team put English and Russian on rhythm so that students learn to speak with the correct rhythm.

Unfortunately (for reasons beyond the control of the idea and implementation) the projects could not be revealed. I take into account the shortcomings of previous attempts, now I am working on the third. I will create it in Estonia (as an e-Resident). I want to raise the general level of education, study learning problems, research results of cognitive psychologists and I want to create something of value for the world community.

It so happened that Poland, the Polish language, culture are my love. I like to speak Polish, read, watch movies. Of course, I would like to live in Poland. I would also like to buy an autohome and travel around the EU countries. I have many friends in Poland, Hungary, Germany, Denmark, UK and USA. I study foreign languages ​​and try to use them, expanding my horizons of knowledge.

3 Likes

Ah that’s awesome Anatolii! I love walking! Tho I’ve never tried Nordic walking - is there a reason you use poles on what appears to be flat surfaces?

I have a set, but for some reason whenever I go up the mountain I just take a wooden stick (that I found on my walk one day) it’s surprisingly light and just feels like less hassle - but I only use it on the climbs and descents, hence wondering whether there’s a reason you. are using them on a flat surface.

You should definitely add to this thread too:

Also if you’re interested in seeing some photos of where I walk I posted some here: What's the weather like there?

2 Likes

For walking in city parks (on asfalt or paving stones) - it is best to use sports poles with shock absorbers (like a cars :slight_smile: )

For such walks (along the mountain slopes), it is best to use strong sticks (probably, such as yours or even stronger). For my Russian-speaking TV viewers and listeners of my master classes, which I sometimes give, I explain how to choose the right sports sticks. Usually, in every sports store (where such sticks are sold) they explain how to choose the right one.

2 Likes