Apple Game Frameworks and Technologies: Create a New Sprite Atlas

Just a heads up that in Xcode 12 the path for creating a Sprite Atlas is:

(In the chapter “Add the Images Resources for the Player”).

:+1:t2:

2 Likes

Hi, Fernando.

I noticed that while I was testing with Xcode 12. Once I get the remaining chapters complete, I’ll go back and update everything so that readers can follow along with Xcode 12.

Off-topic: It looks like you’re working on porting Gloop Drop to other platforms. Is that correct?

2 Likes

Cool, thanks for the update.

That’s correct. I’m also using SwiftUI (e.g. SceneView) and the new App protocol. I’m also planning to use Combine whenever possible.

I’m putting my code here: GitHub - backslash-f/pragprog-apple-game-frameworks: Repo for the book "Apple Game Frameworks and Technologies, Build 2D Games with SpriteKit & Swift" by Tammy Coron published by The Pragmatic Bookshelf., if you want to take a look.

I just got started and I don’t have much free time, so this will take a while…

(BTW should I update the license there? I just realized that I’m using the default MIT – please let me know if that’s ok.)

That’s great. I’ll check it out for sure!

I’m planning to add a chapter—or at least some content—for SwiftUI and porting the second game, Val’s Revenge, to macOS, and maybe tvOS too. We’ll see. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That would be awesome!

Seeing my crappy game attempts running on my AppleTV for the first time was a truly magical moment to me haha! :tv::man_cartwheeling:

:upside_down_face:

2 Likes