YouTube now requires to label their realistic-looking videos made using AI

How we’re helping creators disclose altered or synthetic content.
Generative AI is transforming the ways creators express themselves – from storyboarding ideas to experimenting with tools that enhance the creative process. But viewers …

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

im a total yutube newbie, but i’ve seen some mingblowing special effects videos. part of the magic if the illusion, right? but if everything’s labeled ai does it lose of its wow factor? on the other hand, maybe clear labeling is a good thing. it could help educate ppl about ai’s capabilities and separate the real from the deepfakes. plus, it might even open doors for new creative uses of ai, like educational content or artistic expression

im a total yutube newbie, but i’ve seen some mingblowing special effects videos. part of the magic if the illusion, right? but if everything’s labeled ai does it lose of its wow factor? on the other hand, maybe clear labeling is a good thing. it could help educate ppl about ai’s capabilities and separate the real from the deepfakes. plus, it might even open doors for new creative uses of ai, like educational content or artistic expression

What do you all think? Is this labeling a step in the right direction, or is it going to stifle creativity on YouTube? Also, speaking of AI, is this whole " what is youtube automation" thing legit (I keep seeing ads about it)? Seems a little too good to be true.