Who knows the Contabo hosting provider?

My brother got a VPS on https://contabo.com hosting provider, but I was not aware of them, and when my brother told me the price and specs I was :astonished:

I went and checked their website, and they seem to have awesome prices for super specs:

This leaves me with some suspicion how the heck they can offer such prices, when compared with DigitalOcean, Linode, etc.

Will this hosting provider be any good in terms o reliability to have production workloads on it :thinking:

Anyone knows about it?

2 Likes

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

1 Like

I think TrustPilot as the answer I was looking for:

This is by far the worst customer service and scam of a company I have every tried to use. First it took over two days for them to provision my VPS, and then they throttled back the SSD speeds on purpose and refused to answer any one of my multiple support tickets over a week. A waste of time, money and energy. I’ve requested a full refund and will tell everyone I know to stay away from this company.

The most pathetic support ever. They shut our VPS server down with notice and our site was down for 2 days. We had talked to an agent and were promised that they would not do it again but they did it again within a few hours just to extort money from us. This is the most unprofessional company I’ve ever worked with. Do Not Use Them if you’re looking for a reliable company. They are the worst.

1 Like

have you checked lowendbox.com? they got tons of reviews, (me bias) especially offerings from racknerd.

3 Likes

Thanks for the link. I am not looking at the moment for a hosting provider, but I will keep it in mind.

Side note: that website is just not designed for a good user experience.

2 Likes

This is an old thread but there were quite a few recommendations in it too:

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Hosting providers - who have you used/liked?