Which web framework do you use?

…and why? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

All depends on my use case for it!

If it’s a quickie one for some automation by very limited things, I’ve tossed Python’s flask up in a number of things. It’s very slow but super simple and super quick iteration in a single file (plus I have a wsgi server to easily toss it in). For long lived things that I like to iterate on the fly I used to use erlang (either cowboy straight or nitrogen for interactive things) but in the past few years it’s been phoenix on elixir. Rocket.rs on Rust has been fascinating to play with though, not made anything in it yet that solves an issue I have as of yet but I might do it for the next small thing that I’d usually use flask for (even though it’s a compiled language, would still be a good learning task), and that’s for a large variety of reasons about that framework!

1 Like

Previously when worked mostly in Ruby I used Rails framework with SQLite for development and MariaDB or PostgreSQL in production.

Now I’m focused on Elixir and I’m using Phoenix with PostgreSQL. Unfortunately there is no SQLite 3 support for latest ecto library releases.

2 Likes

I am working on that! But no promises for time, my life is pretty hectic at the moment.

3 Likes