Which mobile phone do you have?

Which mobile phone do you have and was there a particular reason why you bought it?

1 Like

iPhone Xs :iphone:

My old iPhone had a broken back panel and I wanted an update. Went to an Apple Store and they took my damaged phone and I got a discount (after looking at eBay / similar local sites) that seemed fair.

2 Likes

iPhone 5s as this was last one at the time with reasonable size. Nowadays I am slowly preparing for upgrade, but I want to see iPhone with 5G support before I make a choice.

2 Likes

I have my OnePlus 3T by the way it’s a cool hardware but stop receive updates and the actual android version is 9.
I really like this brand, clean OS and very fast and I never had any problem with my phone and I had on almost 5 years in a row.

So I decide to use another custom ROM, and its very easy to unlock this android and are many ROM’s for OnePlus… and the actual ROM I use it’s called Evolution X with android 10 and very stable and I enjoy it so much…

Its a good option for someone avoid to buy apple stuffs… we see more and more good companies focus on build a good quality mobile in China, Korea and so on…

2 Likes

Sony Xperia XZ. Yes there are many X and Z in that :rofl:

I got it because it looks like a modern Nokia brick. Just joking. I like all the specs and runs really well.

2 Likes

Samsung C9 Pro.

2 Likes

Google Pixel 4 XL

I didn’t had much of a choice… My boss bought it and handed it over to me. So its a work phone officially.

2 Likes

I use a $30 USD flip phone from Consumer Cellular. :smile:

I only need talk and an occasional text, so my phone bill is ~$22 a month.

When we need maps on the go, we use my wife’s iPhone.

2 Likes

I pay twice that for 11 numbers… It is funny to see the telecom prices in the US.

2 Likes

iPhone 11 Pro. Happy resident of the mythical walled garden so when I need to replace I get whatever’s at the top of the pile right then and keep it for a few years. On Giffgaff (O2’s MVNO in the UK) PAYG or Koodo (Telus) when I’m in Canada on a really low tariff.

3 Likes

The Google Pixel 4 XL for me, because it’s easy to put on my own OS if I so want, or root it, and they are pretty reliable, although mine gets pretty warm at times, which is causing the backing layer to become unglued so I need to fix that…

1 Like

My lead had similar problems, it’s covered by warranty here.

2 Likes

I’m a cheapskate. :laughing:

I’m under the impression the average monthly mobile bill in the US is $50~$70.

2 Likes

$40 before taxes and fees, so yeah between $50-$70 is about accurate for unlimited everything that I have (and I use substantial amounts of bandwidth so I get my money’s worth, lol).

2 Likes

Galaxy Note 10 plus. I read a lot these days and I don’t want to carry a tablet with me along with the phone. Also, had really good experience with Galaxy Note 8 years ago.

2 Likes

Got iPhone X on release, replaced it for 8Plus 1.5 years later because the notch irritated me to no end. -.-

I might buy the biggest iPhone 12 though, I like the huge screens and I probably can make peace with the notch.

I am also entertaining buying the Asus ROG Phone II but I might just wait out the 3 first.

2 Likes

I have an Asus Zenfone 6, the one with the rotating camera.

When I bought it, it was pretty fresh on the market but I got it for pretty cheap off eBay. I was looking for a phone with a good battery and a fast CPU, so I wouldn’t have the need to upgrade in the foreseeable future. The flip camera and big screen which come with it, were just a bonus.

I’ve now been using it for nearly a year, and I’m quite happy. While the camera is gimmicky, it works really well and as you can imagine the selfi quality is great. :smile:

2 Likes