Which keyboard do you have?

Just got my new Moonlander a few days ago. I love it. https://www.zsa.io/moonlander/

4 Likes

I keep changing keyboards. From, last few days I’m using Cherry MX 8100 with brown switches.

It depends on one’s own preferences. But so far I like brown switches more than black switches. I think it requires less force. I used blue switches for only a few hours, so I can’t compare that with black or brown switches.

Next, I’d like to use a keyboard with Cherry Blue switches. I used one in the past, but very soon it refused to register a key, and became practically unusable, after which I gifted it to my cousin to repair it for himself. I’d also like to use an IBM Model M keyboard, which I used a decade and a half ago and liked it a lot.

2 Likes

How many do you have DG? Post pics :nerd_face:

I’ve entered a group buy on a custom mechanical keyboard and will post pics here when it arrives (not until July-ish tho unfortunately - but that’s ok as I want to spend quite a bit of time reading rather than typing next year!) :laughing:

1 Like

Currently I have a Cherry MX 8100 (brown switches),

( I removed the End keycap, because I was mistyping it for Delete key).

a Cherry MX 1800, branded as Lauer Fischer (black switches),

a faulty Cherry MX 11900 (black switches),

a Targus KU-2971 (ruber dome),

and a Logitec K120 (ruber dome).

Note: These keyboards aren’t as dusty as they look like in these photos.

Edit: I found two really dusty Wyse KU-8933 (ruber dome) keyboards in the store, which I had used a year or two ago. My friend calls Wyse 8933, the poor man’s mechanical keyboard.

3 Likes

Nice collection there DG!

Must admit I am a fan of the 1800 style layouts (as per the Lauer Fischer) use a numpad just feels so natural to me :smiley:

2 Likes

I like it too, but unfortunately it doesn’t have the US layout. By the way, I like or dislike a keyboard based on how do the keys feel under my fingers. I like the MX 8100 more, even if it’s huge. :slight_smile:

And I typed a custom (meaningful) text at 118 wpm on my Cherry MX 8100. I don’t know if I’d be able to type that fast again or not. :smiley:

2 Likes

Why do you want the US layout for - ISO is better :rofl: better still, get a custom mechanical keyboard and set it up how you like :smiley:

Well done on 118 WPM, that’s awesome!!! :+1:

2 Likes

I’ve used the US layout throughout and I mistype some keys on any other layout, like \ and | keys. I also miss left shift on keyboards with a smaller left shift.

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Keyboard Switches - which do you use/like?

Hi folks, today I receive my Anne Pro II mechanical keyboard 60% with MX Cherry Silver Linear Switches, it’s so soft and smooth when I use to write I liked it a lot and very silent too.

and the software for this keyboard has options for mac, windows, and linux too, in hist software, I can create new layouts, and not only that I could update the firmware too.

6 Likes

Wow, it’s beautiful!
Congrats!

3 Likes