Which book clubs shall we start next?

Hi everyone… I’m so sorry about the delay in getting this thread up, I’ve just been so busy :see_no_evil:

Are there any book clubs you’d like to see? If so please say in this thread! Who knows, you might get someone to join you!

What do they entail? Simply a thread where you and anyone else who wants to join in speaks about your journey with the book (something like one post per chapter). As you can see from this book club - they can be a lot of fun!

Since one of our objectives here on Devtalk is to help you become the best dev you can be, I reckon we can use some of our MOTY (Members of the Year) books for this as well - they’d probably be going to you anyway - and so this is a more fun/social use of them :smiley:

Perhaps we can start with up to 6 book clubs via this initiative (maybe 3 PragProg titles and 3 Manning titles) and I reckon we can give away 2 copies per title/book club to start with.

So… a) please say in this thread if you’d like to see a book club, and, b) if you’d like to be considered for a copy of the book too please PM me (I think a fair way to do this is by activity, so more active members would be higher up the list of receiving one than less active members).

2 Likes