Where do you work?

I’m employed at betterdoc.org in Cologne, Germany.

We’re helping patients to find the best doctor for their particular health problem, all specifically tailored to their background, place of residence, and ability to travel. By finding the best possible doctor for their particular situation we can avoid a lot of “doctor ping-pong” where patients are switching from one doctor to the next without getting proper treatment.

As this saves time and money for the patient and the patient’s insurance, we’re co-operating with a lot of insurances in Germany and Switzerland, to offer the service free of charge for their insured.

Under the hood we’re using Ruby and Elixir to build a micro-service landscape which we coordinate with a micro frontends solution we dubbed “Stacker”.

I really enjoy working here because:

• we build a product which actually helps people live better lives
  • we’re using interesting technology with Elixir and micro-frontends
  • each friday is “innovation friday” were we can learn something new/try something out/read a book (20% time)
  • with the beginning of the pandamic we kinda became a close to “full remote” company; I haven’t been in the office in 3 months and the leadership wants to stick with that

And yeah, we’re hiring. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes