What's the best 4K/UHD content you've seen?

Films/TV Shows/games/Demo vids/4K Blur Rays/Anything :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This is one of the best demo vids I’ve seen:

There’s also some good stuff on Amazon Prime - American Gods, The Boys, The Expanse. Bladerunner 2049 is good too though I haven’t watched all of it yet and https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seven-Worlds-One-Planet-Blu-Ray/dp/B07W4D6TRZ (4K BR) is really good too :+1:

1 Like

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

1 Like

Samsung, of course. QLED can’t be beaten yet.

2 Likes

OLED for gaming, dark rooms and colour accuracy and QLED for bright rooms seems to be the general consensus Dimi :smiley:

Lots of gamers and video producers go for OLEDs :nerd_face:

This is a good watch:

And this:

1 Like

Ah, you also meant an actual workable display, not only TV.

Hm, I suppose OLED is better then indeed. I quite liked 1-2 displays that actually had light sensors. I’d love to try one of them in the future.

One thing I absolutely despise when not working on my Macs is how brightness isn’t automatically adjusted.

2 Likes

I should have added ‘/movie buffs’ :smiley: basically gamers and those into movies tend to prefer OLEDs, but yeah they are more suited as being additional computer displays too.

I think most people who watch daytime TV in more brightly lit rooms would probably prefer non-OLEDs…tho… the bigger the TV the brighter it appears, so a 65" OLED will appear a lot brighter than its nits rating. This is a good explanation of it:

2 Likes

I’ll watch those, Aston, thank you, but I can’t agree with the message on the cover of this last one – I don’t have FOMO, I just want a big screen. :slight_smile:

I am not buying it out of any kind of fear. I just love watching anything and everything on bigger screen.

The only exception is the daily coding / reading work. I think I’d be overwhelmed with any display that’s taller than what a 27" 16:9 display is but who knows, I might try in the future.

2 Likes

That’s the name of his channel Dimi :joy: he’s actually quite knowledgeable and definitely worth a watch.

I love big displays too but there are swings and roundabouts… 55" 4K OLED and the picture looks pin sharp, but not quite so much on a 65" unless you are further away - but - you definitely get a different feel on 65", which is much, much more cinematic (it’s so stark that it’s the first thing you notice).

Anything over 65"+ would be better at 8K imo.

For a main screen for computer work (unless you are doing video or game production) I would stick to a monitor as I think the lag would be annoying.

2 Likes

Yep, exactly. I want silken smooth animations. Anything below 60Hz (and thus FPS) is a huge no. Come to think of it, I’ll actually never buy any display below 120Hz ever again, too.

2 Likes

Well, that’s what I want. Either watch movies / videos or play on my console(s).

2 Likes

LG CX OLEDs are 120hz :sunglasses:

Get an LG OLED already :stuck_out_tongue:

Last year’s 65" CX models are heavily discounted atm :+1: (there’s not much difference between them and this years C1 models)

1 Like

Money is lately not the problem (most of the time). I literally have no physical space for 65" TV right now! I have to get rid of a rather bulky 5.1 surround system and to be fair, they’re often more trouble than they’re worth… So I might just pack it up in the basement, buy a soundbar + the said 65" (or even 75") TV.

Yep, the 48" CX is very tempting even for daily work…

2 Likes

This video in 8K. Quality so high that it plays while lagging on my system :sweat_smile: :joy:

2 Likes