What dev-related stuff have you been up to?

I’m really trying to get my stuff together now by planning my database schemas and writing a product document for my messaging platform

Don’t worry y’all, I’m still learning elixir :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Specifically today, I am swapping old OpenShift worker nodes (based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux) with brand new shiny workers (based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux CoreOS) while still keeping 100% uptime!

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Can Phoenix LiveView be used in multi-page applications or does it have to be a SPA?

This week I have been learning how to implement something similar to the [elixirforum.com](http://elixirforum.com / devtalk.com) giveaways, the random number generator, phoenix + liveview + alpinejs.
I have a github public repository, in case anyone wants to try it out.
If I get some time, I will try to upload it to gigalixir.
GitHub - JuanjoA/giveaway

Have a nice weekend!

4 Likes

Recently doing the course Phoenix LiveView Pro of the PragProg.
I want to continue and read the new Programming Phoenix LiveView by Bruce A. Tate and Sophie DeBenedetto.

3 Likes

I am learning C and trying to get into low level programming and computer graphics.

3 Likes

Picking up Elixir by:

• Going through PragProg’s video courses
  • Practising on Exercism.io
  • Building a big project with Phoenix

Let’s go!!

3 Likes

Looking in to elixir an phoenix while at the same time practicing for the java 11 cert

3 Likes

I finished that, and someone suggested I become a mentor on there, but I don’t feel confident enough in my Elixir-fu to take that on. If you like, I could try to mentor just you on there and see how that goes. PM me if you want to work out details.

4 Likes

Exercism.io Seems like a good way to learn and practice Elixir. I will try it.
On the other hand, creating a library (with Elixir) to access through json-rpc to Odoo ERP

4 Likes

Currently honing my skills in OTP. There’s GenStage, Flow, Broadway, Node Clustering to go.

3 Likes

Trying to understand something about devops by learning about Gitops :cowboy_hat_face: I started to evangelize a tool called ArgoCD and am totally enamored by it. As a dev, I feel like I need to bend my mind a bit to learn deployment concepts and this is fun :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Are there any good resources of using CQRS/EventSourcing in an Elixir/Phoenix application?

Well it’s been a while, but thanks to pandemic I worked from home, and had a new baby, so my free time was utterly non-existent! My own projects languished so hard… But now I’m back working in person, the little one is becoming self-sufficient, and I’ve learned I hate Rust’s implementation of async… ^.^;

7 Likes

Welcome back ODL - we missed you! Glad that you’ve been able to make the most of the situation and spend more time with your baby though :baby:

2 Likes

Congratulations to the new daddy :baby: :tada:

4 Likes

Congrats! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Reading Concurrent Data Processing in Elixir by @svilen at the moment. I love his writing style and the use of flowcharts to illustrate concepts.

7 Likes

So many people learning Rust! Its fantastic

5 Likes

Picking up GraphQL to reduce my workload on mock API projects :slight_smile:

4 Likes