What dev-related stuff have you been up to?

Learning Rspec!

1 Like

Spending a lot of time to write codes to automate development workflow.
It is not particularly challenging but I am a bit annoyed because no one thinks of doing so.

1 Like

Learning containers technologies

1 Like

Just working on some audio stuff in JavaScript and in the browser, plus learning about Web workers.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Good CSS learning resources and blog posts?

Reading real time phoenix (web sockets). Also, contemplating whether or not i should use phoenix + postgres or phoenix + sqlite

3 Likes

I have been working my way through the Exercism Elixir track. I has been fun and I’m learning a ton.

3 Likes

Started reading Grokking Simplicity, and really enjoying the first few chapters.

3 Likes

17 chapters into A Common-Sense Guide to Data Structures and Algorithms in Python. Great book so far!

Doing AOC this Christmas just gone really showed me how much I need to learn on this subject.

3 Likes

I started learning something about Pipelines in CI/CD.

1 Like

This past week I have been playing with both Docker and Docker Compose.

1 Like

I’m making a blog with phoenix and elixir, just because it is fun and to learn/familiarize myself with the language and framework, I’m having a great time with this!

2 Likes

Keep us posted Gabriel!

1 Like

I have been learning how to leverage EventStoreDB in my Phoenix applications.

Learning & building two projects using liveview. It was little challenging as there are not many videos; i learn better through videos. After reading books, finally giving it a go at building stuff using Liveview.

Recently I’m learning Rust. All the time I was thinking that it would be really hard, but after all those years in programming everything looks really clear. Of course I’m far of way to feel used to Rust, but for me it’s definitely not that hard. Rust have expanded on many fields where Elixir is at most at baby steps. I’m especially interested in zed code editor for now, but who knows … maybe I would try some frameworks in future …

trying to make google autocomplete with liveview

made autocomplete work with LV. Now working on multi tag system

This week I have been testing all Elixir and Phoenix apps against Erlang OTP 27 (rc3). Also, I have been migrating from Bootstrap to Tailwind.

Currently reading up on EventSourcing :slight_smile: