What dev-related stuff have you been up to?

Still on track to learn how to use Emacs and be proficient with it.

Kinda hard, all those key combinations :smiley:

3 Likes

Learning NLP with the book Mastering spaCy from packtpub.

2 Likes

Learning/doing some web scraping with Python right now.

2 Likes

I have been migrating from Webpack to ESbuild for an existing Phoenix application. Also, I have been building out a GraphQL API using Absinthe.

3 Likes

I have been so much distracted with my daily work that I have lost track on what new developments are happening.
Its time for me to channelize myself to maintain a proper work-life balance!

2 Likes

After many discussions and reads, I’ve decided to commit myself to learning Rust this entire year.
I was hesitating with LFE, Haskell, and Clojure.
Wish me luck haha

4 Likes

I feel that you have made a very good choice here because Rust has great docs and community. Also, it happens to be one of the best ran language projects out there.

4 Likes

Hello everybody.
Trying to make a jump into web development by learning Ruby.
Wish me luck

4 Likes

Good luck – but you probably won’t need it. :slight_smile: Ruby is an easy language to learn, and its main web framework (Rails) is also easy and does so much for you that it’s highly productive. You’ll find it also has pretty good docs and an utterly fantastic community, very welcoming to newbies and constantly in search of more, whether just new to Ruby or completely new to programming at all.

4 Likes

Just currently reading Unit Testing Principles, Practices, and Patterns from Manning Publications to learn more on unit testing.

2 Likes

I agree! The documentation is kinda hard to grasp at first because of the Traits and how it works.
Despite that, it also has, like Elixir, a huge collection of books. Love it!

2 Likes

I tried to learn rust last year, the doc is good, but it has been a difficult experience :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think we need a Rust book club! I bought book-hands-on-rust but never got around to starting it! If you, Maartz, and maybe a few others want to do a book club for it let me know and I will get you all a copy… it’s about time we had another book club on the go! :003:

2 Likes

For sure!

2 Likes

Gather some people together for it Maartz :003:

2 Likes

I recently installed LunarVim alongside my regular Neovim configuration . I must admit having an opinionated vim environment is really great. I’m learning some great tricks to put in my own configuration and found some powerful plugins (looking at you which-key). I may just move completely to lvim because of how simple it is to customize.

2 Likes

I’ve got it installed and I like it too Tucker! I also tried the simple set-up here: Neovim - Elixir Setup Configuration from Scratch Guide - Wikis - Elixir Programming Language Forum but like you I feel LunarVim is a pretty easy to customise and has most of what you want anyway :smiley:

2 Likes

I love all the new content that has been coming out for neovim! New plugins, guides, everything. Making lua the configuration language has made plugin development so much simpler.

2 Likes

Learning Docker and Kubernetes at the moment :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Reading Build It With Nitrogen at the moment.

2 Likes