What are you listening to?

The Kiffness - Alugalug Cat (International Symphonic Mashup)

I like many of The Kiffness tracks, but I have a special relationship with this one. The author has created a wonderful virtual orchestra. The musicians have never played together with each other, but the author helped the musical creativity of each of them to unite.

The story of the appearance of a flute player from Russia here is amazing. Aksinia Khomenko. She is the daughter of my good friends. My colleague and I, after having listened to this track, recommended that Aksinya make her own version, and she did it. She composed music and performed her part. We placed her recording on our channel(we assembled this video). After a while, The Kiffness contacted us to send him the original video of Aksinia playing. What he did was a pleasant surprise for everyone - he combined into one video many compositions that the participants made on their own initiative, each individually.

YouTube itself posted this song on its Instagram, as a video worthy of inspiration.

Aksinia Khomenko is a very talented young musician. She only twice participated in international competitions for flutists. And all two times took the first places.

1. BFS Competitions 2021 - February 21 (1st place)
  2. The Koechlin International Flutist Competition in April 2021 (1st place)

She has already been invited by two British music schools (the Chetham’s music school, Purcell School for Young Musicians) for gifted children to study. But education is very expensive and Aksinia, unfortunately, is still studying at home and dreams of UK.

2 Likes