Web Development with Clojure, Third Edition: Migration "Skipping" issue on p.10

Hi there. I just started the book and followed the instructions carefully, but I get a warning when I run the (migrate) command on p.10:

WARN migratus.migrations - skipping: ‘20210716001844-guestbook.down.sql~’ migrations must match pattern: ^(\d+)-([^.]+)((?:.[^.]+)+)$

WARN migratus.migrations - skipping: ‘20210716001844-guestbook.up.sql~’ migrations must match pattern: ^(\d+)-([^.]+)((?:.[^.]+)+)$

Then, I believe this is the root cause of the error I get on p.14 where (get-messages) doesn’t work, because I then get an error that the table wasn’t created. That’s when I looked back at my previous steps, and saw that I got these skipping warnings on p.10, which don’t show up in the book.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this? I’ve deleted all the guestbook files and restarted several times. Not sure what I’m missing.

Thank you.

I checked the migrations directory again, and in addition to the up & down files, there were 2 additional files that had been created with the same names but “~” added to the end of them, and 0 bytes size. I deleted those. Now I get the error:

WARN migratus.migrations - skipping: ‘.DS_Store’ migrations must match pattern: ^(\d+)-([^.]+)((?:.[^.]+)+)$

I don’t see any files with the .DS_Store name. I’m more confused than ever. I really hope someone can help me.

Thank you.

I somehow was able to migrate. It still skipped the DS_store, whatever that is, but it seems to have completed the necessary migrations.

I’m not sure how I fixed it. I deleted the extra files, and emptied them from my trash folder, then I just kept going. As long as the guestbook.up and guestbook.down files were not skipped, it seems to be okay.

Leaving this here in case anyone else had the same issue as me. It seems to be an easy fix!

*~ files are probably generated by emacs and can be safely deleted and ignored by (migrate) call.

DS_store is a MACOS file, right? Can be safely ignored as well. The debug info is FYI only.

1 Like

Thanks!