Web Development with Clojure, Third Edition: Compiled CLJS file doesn't appear to be emitted (page 74)

@dmitri and @svmbrown

I’m stuck trying to get the ClojureScript file to build and be output to the target directory. I copied the config options directly from the book. Either my Google fu has failed me or the problem is obscure enough that no one else has had it, because I can’t find any information that’s useful online. I’m sure it’s some dumb little thing, but I’m at a loss.

No JS file is being emitted, so of course when I load the project in the browser I get a 404 error for localhost:3000/js/app.js.

I really want this to work because I vastly prefer Clojure to JavaScript and TypeScript (the languages used at my current job) and would like to have a viable path towards a job working with Clojure and ClojureScript.

One thing to try would be to check if the code from the source examples gives you the same behavior, you can grab the working samples for each chapter here https://media.pragprog.com/titles/dswdcloj3/code/dswdcloj3-code.zip

If the code from examples works, then maybe you can do a diff between your project and the example to see what’s different.

I suggest you to check again your build tool configuration, whether you’re using Leiningen or Boot. Verify that your project.clj or build.boot file contains the appropriate configurations for building ClojureScript. Ensure that the necessary plugins are included and configured correctly. you have to ensure that the server you’re using to serve your files is correctly configured for solving issue of 404 error.

If you are still encountering same error then you can take help from professional web development services provider or company.