Twitter adopts poison pill defense to block Elon Musk takeover

Twitter’s board of directors announced in a press release that the company is adopting a limited duration shareholder rights plan — a “poison pill” in merger and acquisition lingo. While the company doesn’t name Elon Musk directly, Twitter is clearly trying to prevent the billionaire from buying the social network. Elon Musk currently owns 9.2% […]

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

3 Likes

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

2 Likes

What would be the consequences if Elon Musk takes over Twitter? Will it be bad for everyone?

2 Likes

Here’s one of the original reddit’s CEO’s take on it, well worth a read of this thread:

https://twitter.com/yishan/status/1514938507407421440?fbclid=IwAR1f97bn8NenhN0MgYQynnNylj1pvRTd1qwOghsIfnaWxKblRon9Lb9MwiA

3 Likes

See this thread/vid:

Basically musk wants more free/hate-speech. I hope the Twitter team keep him out - there’s enough hate in the world as it is, the last thing we need is someone like him stoking things up.

1 Like

That is probably the most insightful thing I’ve read on the topic, thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Yes, you are right. And that will be truly bad. It’s going to be like 8chan.

2 Likes

I’ve been saying there is way :bangbang: too much technology :bangbang: since the mid-90s - but then again I am a Gen X so what do I know :rofl:

2 Likes