Thanking @PragmaticAndy for years of service and congratulations to @PragProg’s newly appointed CEO, @DaveRankin!

As he transitions to the Board of Directors, we’d like to thank @Andy not just for being a friend and supporter of Devtalk and some of our other projects over the years, but for everything he and his company has done for the software development world too - we know he’s helped make the lives of so many of us better and easier and has been an impeccable role model in the process. We can’t wait to see what he might get up to in this next chapter of his life whether it’s dev related or not! (We’re certainly not expecting this to be a goodbye!)

We’d also like to take this opportunity to congratulate @Dave on becoming the @PragmaticBookshelf’s new CEO. Dave has been one of our biggest supporters and many of the PragProg & Devtalk initiatives you see here are because of him and his enthusiasm for this platform and our community, and we certainly hope to be doing a lot more with him in future! We can’t wait to see where he and his team will take PragProg - we already know it’s going to be somewhere amazing - and just can’t wait to see where!!

Thank you Andy for everything you have done for us in this industry, you are a shining beacon and the world needs more people like you in it <3, and Dave, congratulations! We’re really looking forward to seeing your ideas come to life and where you take PragProg! Rest assured we plan on being there every step of the way right beside you!

9 Likes

Congratulations @Dave! I honestly can’t think of anyone better for the job and it couldn’t have happened to a nicer person! :blush:

Huge thanks to you, @Andy and the rest of the @PragmaticBookshelf’s family for all your support over the years - I can’t wait to see what’s in-store and what you’ll all be doing next!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the truly kind words @AstonJ! I know I’ve got some very large shoes to fill, but I’m also extremely fortunate to have loads of support from our extraordinarily talented group of authors, editors, production and support staff and, of course, partners like you and the whole Devtalk community. I’m really looking forward to building on to this incredible PragProg foundation together!

2 Likes

Congratz!!
:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

1 Like

@Dave, Congrats Mr. Rankin!

1 Like

Thanks @Andy and congratulations @Dave! :smiley:

1 Like

Congratulations! Should’ve included Prag in your @ tho, I’m very disappointed. :confused:

Just kidding, good luck! :partying_face:

1 Like

Fixed ^^ :nerd_face:

1 Like

Congrats @Dave
:smiley:

1 Like

Congratulations @Dave :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like