Standing Desk Treadmills & Bikes

Another quick update, this is how I’m using my set-up right now:

• I begin the day by using it with my kneeling stool - for about 30 mins or so. Since you can adjust height, I’ve got my stool higher too (though may experiment with the height more)

• I then go to the second saved setting, where I stand for about another 30 minutes. I say stand, but I find that I’m actually doing something more like dancing/moving about :laughing:

• I then hit button 4, which takes the desk to the max height, and roll the exercise bike underneath it - then hit button 3 to bring the desk down just above it.

• I then sit on the bike and alternative between peddling, not peddling, standing above the seat (so some support), standing behind the seat (so lean forwards onto the seat a bit) as sitting for long periods becomes uncomfortable… I’ll have to get a padded seat (tho the seat on the bike isn’t bad) and see how that goes.

I don’t think it’s affected concentration levels at all and I find it’s a lot easier to move around as you’re already standing or near standing.

One side effect is being higher up the room you are quite a bit warmer when it’s hot (which I personally don’t mind and if anything is probably going some good).

Anyone else tried a bike or treadmill with their standing desk? Anyone going to? :upside_down_face:

1 Like