Standing Desk Treadmills & Bikes

Just a quick update on the bike… I like it!

I like a lot about it, but there’s one thing I really do not like - it gives you a sore bum! I am going to look into getting some sort of padded cushion or seat and see how that goes.

With that out the way, here’s what I like:

• Environmentally friendly - does not need power
  • You can very easily modulate your speed without having to press any buttons or switches
  • You can just ‘sit’ if you want to
  • If the seat is at the correct height, you can easily stand - and without having to adjust desk height (luckily I can stand on the bottom frame which helps ensure the right height). Alternatively you can stand right behind it.
  • When standing you can ‘lean’ on the seat, so not as bad as straight standing with no support.

So there are several ways to use the bike - sit - stand - cycle - cycle fast - slow - turn up the resistance - etc and I really like that it’s more eco-friendly. I’m also really pleased that because you can go as slow as you like, it’s not taxing on your system so doesn’t interfere with concentration at all.

If the seat issue can be resolved, then I think this is even better than the treadmill, perhaps with the only disadvantage being it may not be as good for gut motility as walking. Definitely worth a try for sure :+1:

1 Like