Spotlight: Chris Pine (Author)

Oooo I’ve only just noticed this as it was in the PragProg section (which only shows threads on the main forum homepage that you’ve posted yourself or threads you have posted in - moved to the Spotlight section now :nerd_face:) - I’ll have a listen to the interview tomorrow but just quickly wanted to say that Chris has written one of my favourite tech books of all time - after reading it I felt so motivated and much more confident about embarking on my journey of learning to program! If you are in doubt yourself you just have to read this book! (Here’s my mini-review of the book in case anyone is interested.)

Here’s a quick question for you Chris - did you ever imagine that your book would have such a profound effect on so many would-be programmers? Your book really made me feel like programming is something I could do and I am certain that lots of other people would have felt the same after reading it :smiley: Whenever I kept forgetting things, or felt stuck or like I wasn’t properly understanding something - thinking back to what you wrote in the book really helped me. In fact I sometimes wonder whether I would have stuck with it at all if it wasn’t for you! So a huge THANK YOU from me Chris!! :orange_heart:

3 Likes