Spotlight: Bruce Tate (Author) Interview and AMA!

That’s a hard question. When we started the loop, we had grand plans for working about half time, or about 20 hours a week. That’s not the way it worked out. Our year, the weather was particularly extreme: we had floods and record lows 2/3 of the way down through Alabama; we had gales in Florida; we had gales off The Atlantic coast. While we did navigate in the near floods on the Tennessee and in the Alabama rivers, we didn’t navigate in extreme winds, but everyone of the 130 people who finished the loop had to go out in weather slightly out of their comfort zone. In those conditions, it took two to safely drive, and that cut our available time almost in half. So, I wound up teaching on the loop. Then, we each got Covid twice, cutting into our work time even more. And, I lost my brother and we lost our dog while we were in Canada, so we took more time off to grieve. So, I din’t write as much as I wanted, we didn’t get much marketing done, but we stepped up the training schedule and that worked out ok.

We taught from port, and planned to get hotels or b&bs along the way, but our port connectivity was very good so we were able to teach pretty well. So, we worked about half as much as we wanted, but the energy I was able to bring to training was simply great.

It was a wonderful experience… probably the best of our lives. But it was one of the hardest thing we’ve done as a couple.

2 Likes