Seven Mobile Apps in Seven Weeks (PragProg)

Answer the question “Can we build this for ALL the devices?” with a resounding YES. Over seven weeks, build seven different mobile apps using seven different tools. Find out which cross-platform solution makes the most sense for your needs, whether you’re new to mobile or an experienced developer expanding your options.

Tony Hillerson

Series editor: Bruce Tate @redrapids
Developmental editor: Jacquelyn Carter @jkcarter

Answer the question “Can we build this for ALL the devices?” with a resounding YES. Over seven weeks, build seven different mobile apps using seven different tools. Find out which cross-platform solution makes the most sense for your needs, whether you’re new to mobile or an experienced developer expanding your options.

Start out with Mobile Web; develop native apps on iOS, Android, and Windows; and finish by building apps for multiple operating systems using RubyMotion, React Native, and Xamarin. For each platform, build simple, but non-trivial, apps that consume JSON data, run on multiple screen sizes, or store local data. Test, build views, structure code, and find out how much code it’s possible to share.

Ultimately, you’ll get a firm understanding of how to build apps on whichever devices your users prefer.

“An in-depth journey exploring many approaches to create incredible apps across all the major platforms. A versatile source of knowledge that I recommend to any developer of any level.”

–Daniel Wanja, VP of engineering, Blinker

• Full details: Search
  • View this book’s portal and details on how to post errata and suggestions here.

Don’t forget you can get 35% off with your Devtalk discount! Just use the coupon code “devtalk.com" at checkout :+1:

2 Likes

I have read your seven mobile apps in seven weeks. I am impressed with which you define ruby motion.

1 Like

Interesting concept. Building more than one mobile app in just a 7-week period sounds amazing

1 Like