Programming Ruby 3.2 (5th Edition) vB1.0: Duplicated "we" (p. 68)

@noelrappin On page 68 of the PDF in the paragraph preceding the fib_up_to method definition, the word “we” is duplicated.

The text reads:
“Continuing the example, let’s say we we want the method…”

Correction:
“Continuing the example, let’s say we want the method…”

Hi !

Nice to see another reviewer.

When I started to post errata for this book, I was new to devtalk. One day, after the fifth post, I received a message saying that being enthousiastic was nice, but for some reason I don’t remember, I was limited to 5 per day. So I started to group several errata in one post.

The post whose title is B1.0 pages 67, 68, 69, 71, 72, 73 74, 79, 151, 222, 252, 264 contains an erratum for we we on page 68.

Now I’m no longer limited and I write one post per typo with a description in the title which makes it easier for other readers to see if the erratum has already been posted.

Kindly your.

Bernard

Hi @BernardK,

Thanks for the heads up. I also see that I duplicated your correction for page 73 in that same post, so I went ahead and deleted mine.

@noelrappin you can disregard this since you’ve already addressed it.

@rearick

Don’t be discouraged to find typos or unclear wordings, even if I have usually an eagle eye, I can fail to find some (and have failed to see some of yours), especially since I’m not Anglophone.

Thanks – I really appreciate the time and effort that you are both putting in to help find errors. It’s tremendously useful!

@noelrappin

I stayed at Ruby 1.9. Reading this new edition, I’m learning so much. I’m reading and experimenting topics I had previously never read. I appreciate the way you detail how the examples work and all the new material you have brought. So it’s worth the time, and reviewing the beta is a way to say thank you for your time.

Thanks! That’s really nice to hear.

Of course! I consider it a privilege to be even a small part of this new edition of the Pickaxe. I don’t make a living as a Ruby developer, at least “developer” isn’t in my job title, but I frequently use it to eliminate repetitive tasks in my daily routine as a Cybersecurity Vulnerability Assessment Analyst. I’m grateful to you @noelrappin for the work you’ve put in on this book and the rest of the Ruby community for keeping this great language alive and well through the years!