Programming Phoenix LiveView: B3.0 P24: Examine Network Traffic

Hi,

I’m fairly new to the Elixir/Phoenix community so I’m not sure if this is an error or my misunderstanding, thus I’m marking this thread as a question rather than an erratum.

On page 24 (page 41 in PDF version), an explanation about LiveView’s network traffic over WebSockets is present. This sentence, in particular, got me intrigued:

Other than a small bit of data in a header and footer, this data is information about the mouse click, including whether certain keys were pressed, the location of the cursor, and the like.

I have played with the Network Inspector in Firefox quite a bit and I can’t figure out where would the request contain parts like the location of the cursor or the information about which keys were pressed when clicking. I tried clicking the same link multiple times with some small alterations (held down the Shift key, moved the cursor a bit) and the request still seemed pretty much the same, with the exception of the first two numbers, but these just seem to be some sort of counters/identifiers that a response can then be matched to, right?

Thank you for letting me know!