PragProg’s Medium Posts

It’s finally here! The ebook version of Charged Bodies by Tom Mahon is now available.

Charged Bodies has been a labor of love. I ripped apart the original 1983 hardcover book, scanned each page, reassembled the scanned pages into chapters, ran optical character recognition on the PDF pages, and finally ferreted out most of the weird errors introduced by the OCR process. I also did other odd tasks like chasing down rights and writing copy.

But honestly, the author, Tom Mahon, was my inspiration. He raises the bar of what it means to tell a story. Tom crafted a mesmerizing narrative that puts you right in the fray, working 14-hour days, laughing, having drinks, and pirating around with all the wild and wonderful people who shaped our digital future.

This book also owes a debt of gratitude to Michael Swaine, our Pragmatic Stories Series Editor, who found it and helped bring it back into the light. We also were fortunate enough to have a dozen or so people read and endorse this anniversary edition. Vint Cerf is among those who thinks it is a worthwhile read (I know him from my Wiley days going way back).

The print book will be out later this year, but I encourage you to pick up the ebook now.

book pragprog

1 Like