Pragmatic Guide to Git (PragProg)

Get up to speed on Git right now with Pragmatic Guide to Git. Here you’ll find the 95 percent of Git that you’ll use at least once a week, as well as a few tasks that will come in handy but aren’t used as often.

Travis Swicegood

edited by Susannah Davidson Pfalzer

Get up to speed on Git right now with Pragmatic Guide to Git. Here you’ll find the 95 percent of Git that you’ll use at least once a week, as well as a few tasks that will come in handy but aren’t used as often.

Task-oriented two-page spreads get you up and running with minimal fuss. Each left-hand page dives into the underlying implementation for each task. The right-hand page contains commands that focus on the task at hand, and cross references to other tasks that are related. You’ll find what you need fast.

Git is rapidly becoming the de-facto standard for the open source community. Its excellent merging capabilities, coupled with its speed and relative ease of use, make it an indispensable tool for any developer. New Git users will learn the basic tasks needed to work with Git every day, including working with remote repositories, dealing with branches and tags, exploring the history, and fixing problems when things go wrong. If you’re already familiar with Git, this book will be your go-to reference for Git commands and best practices.

You won’t find a more practical approach to learning Git than Pragmatic Guide to Git.

“With two years of experience with Git, I thought I would have known most everything in Pragmatic Guide to Git. After reading it cover to cover, I learned that’s not the case. It’s a well-organized collection of useful Git techniques for all audiences.”

–Luke Pillow, Software engineer, pillowfactory.org

• Full details: Search
  • View this book’s portal and details on how to post errata and suggestions here.

Don’t forget you can get 35% off with your Devtalk discount! Just use the coupon code “devtalk.com" at checkout :+1:

2 Likes