Johanna Rothman @jrothman
This work was written and produced entirely by the author. We are proud to be distributing it.
Great managers lead and serve others by creating an environment where people can do their best work. Create trust, loyalty, and engagement as a modern manager. Learn to lead and serve others with ease.
You can excel at managing people when you lead and serve them. You might have only seen managers try to direct and control others. You might think you can’t possibly lead and serve others. Especially not with all the pressure you feel. You can. Great managers create an environment where people can do their best work. These excellent managers lead and serve others—not control or direct them. Based on research and backed up by personal stories, this book will show you how modern managers lead and serve others. Through questions and stories, learn how you can:
- Change your focus from individuals to teams.
- Create more capability in each person and as a team.
- Create more engaged teams or workgroups.
- Support people as they manage their careers and eliminate the need for performance reviews.
- Support teams as they can learn to manage themselves.
- And, much more.
With its question and myth, each chapter offers you options to rethink how you lead and serve others. Become a modern manager. Learn to lead and serve others to deliver the results everyone needs.
Johanna Rothman, known as the “Pragmatic Manager,” offers frank advice for your tough problems. She helps leaders and teams do reasonable things that work. Equipped with that knowledge, they can then decide how to adapt their product development. With her trademark practicality and humor, Johanna is the author of 18 books about many aspects of product development. Find her Pragmatic Manager newsletter, articles, and blogs at jrothman.com and createadaptablelife.com.
- Full details: https://pragprog.com/titles/d-jrothers/practical-ways-to-lead-serve-manage-others/
- View this book’s portal and details on how to post errata and suggestions here.
Don’t forget you can get 35% off with your Devtalk discount! Just use the coupon code “devtalk.com" at checkout