Next steps after learning the basics of php?

I studied very basic PHP (I believe). After that, I feel like I’ve gotten a handle on the language. My dream is to work as a web developer! After doing some research, I decided to learn some more complex and practical php by using websites such as PHPSCripts, Webapps, and so on.
But now I’m completely perplexed!

Can you guys assist me in becoming a skilled web developer? What will I need to study and how will I learn it?
Also, can you provide me with the procedures to complete an actual PHP project?

1 Like

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

I think the advice is pretty standard for all languages… read books, make things, read more, make more things :003:

I’d also find a language that you really really like, because we generally excel at the things we like - so you’re more likely to succeed imo :blush:

5 Likes

Now you need to decide in which direction you want to work or develop. It can be complex projects in the php language or work with ready-made solutions like as Laravel, Wordpress or others.
The Php language is very widely used today, and you cannot become a professional at all, and even more so right away. Consistent practice is needed. Choose one area and over the years you can gradually expand your area of qualification. Maybe in the future you will realize that the PHP language is not as good as it seemed at the beginning and you will want to choose another language for the backend.

3 Likes