Move over JavaScript: Back-end languages are coming to the front-end

5 Likes

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

2 Likes

Github talking a lot about Phoenix there. ^.^

4 Likes

Fantastic article! I like how they basically sold Phoenix as the ‘superior’ tech :003:

Something they missed is that now with Hologram you can have the best of both worlds - it can be used alongside Phoenix (tho admittedly I haven’t had time to look into it yet).

5 Likes

Phoenix LiveView is an amazing interesting technology for web. However, at the end people still need to solve the issues for other clients, like mobile or apis for external parties.

Hotwire is trying to resolve the issues for mobile either. However, how external parties can use the data is still unknown.

3 Likes

Hologram looks promising. I hope succeeds!
Phoenix LiveView will be a better choice even after Hologram is mature and successful, because you can also use Phoenix for writing APIs if your web app needs to have mobile apps too.

2 Likes

Hologram is isomorphic - meaning you can write the client side stuff in Elixir. You can also do PWAs with it. Hence being able to use it alongside Phoenix is awesome :smiley:

I still need to look into it properly but that’s what I gather from the EF thread…

2 Likes